Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

!!!please help!!! Advice needed for shoulder injury

realjaysteel

as the title states I believe I have aggravated my left rotater cuff muslce.I wasnt trying to be superman in the gym or anything of the sort, warmup's and warmup sets felt fine, wasn't until my final set that I believe I "locked out" too quickly perhaps and immediatly had the shoulder pain. I have completed week 7 of 10 week test cyp 400 mgs/wk cycle and have the feeling of zero power coming from my shoulder when I try to press any amount of weight. Any and all advice is needed.... Should I just go ahead and end the cycle early and start PCT, rest it a week or so and then hit lighter weight the last week of cycle ????????????????

thanks for the help

Go to a doctor if you think its more than routine soreness from lifting weights. Specifically a sports orthopaedic doc

Stop and do your planned pct. Also go to your doctor, they'll most likely not do anything and refer you to a physio (depending where your from) but do it just in case it turns out to be something else. Don't try and be a hero and carry on, i did this when i used to get a dull aching pain around my shoulder and tricep region when doing benchpress and boxing, I carried on and during benchpress exercises i felt like i was not getting any power from the left shoulder, because of this my form became very poor and i used to overcompensate with my right side. About a year of this went on and during boxing one day my right side gave way, went to the docs and turned out i wrecked both sides (rear delts to be more exact, thank god it wasn't a full blown rotatory cuff issue). Also in the mean time look at some rotatory cuff exercises, because alot of the time we concentrate on the front delts and neglect the rear ones.

Better to take the time out to recover now than do further damage with minimal gain.

as the title states I believe I have aggravated my left rotater cuff muslce.I wasnt trying to be superman in the gym or anything of the sort, warmup's and warmup sets felt fine, wasn't until my final set that I believe I "locked out" too quickly perhaps and immediatly had the shoulder pain. I have completed week 7 of 10 week test cyp 400 mgs/wk cycle and have the feeling of zero power coming from my shoulder when I try to press any amount of weight. Any and all advice is needed.... Should I just go ahead and end the cycle early and start PCT, rest it a week or so and then hit lighter weight the last week of cycle ????????????????

thanks for the help

I will do full pct and recover take time off and start another cycle ... Shit happens .. Don't feel discourage .. Hopefully is nothing major

Thanks brothers, appreciate the advice
@jss2991, this is basically how I feel right now so I will take your advice from experiance and carry on as you stated. Thanks a bunch

rest it a few days and see where you are at. if it is injured just end the cycle.. nothing wrong with a good 7 week cycle and having good shoulders..

beats the alternative of a 10-12 week cycle and ruined shoulders.

you should never get injured lifting weights.. learn to listen to your body and understand it. know how much weight you can pull or push..

I respectfully disagree.

Anytime you are involved w/ a sport where you are pushing your limits to over come deficits and reach your full potential there is going to be the possibility for injury. As a professional coach I can assure you that this is true..

That being said; you are absolutely bang on w/ listening to your body. Many things can be prevented simply by taking a little extra time.

Re Shoulder: Can you actually rotate your arm? lift it to the side etc? As others have said going to your Dr. is the first step.. Could easily just be a bursa issue...

Judo: thanks brother, and your right have achieved really good gains on 7 weeks better to leave w/ a good shoulders. However will taking some time off of lifting and keeping the diet in check (to rehab the shoulder) throw away the gains I've made?

Steve: Appreciate the advice and perhaps yes I should learn to listen to my body more, the fact of the matter is I thought it was just "sand in the vag" syndrome so I kept on trucking along.

Zeke: Can rotate, and lift to the side w/ dull pain around the middle delt area

Top Bottom