Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please critique my Deadlift

riverrock

Hello All,

A couple of weeks ago I had a post where I was concerned that my technique wasn't 100% correct as I grazed myself ever so slightly on the shins when lifting the bar up.

As a result, I asked a friend to make a video clip on my mobile phone (cell-phone across the pond!!!). Its not the best quality ever, but it'll do!

I would be indebted if you looked at it and gave your honest opinion. Even if you think it sucks balls, say so! There is a 180KG on the Bar and I weight 75KG.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1IY1bbIkD0

Thanks,
Riverrock.

Last edited:
Form looks great actually, only thing i'd constantly keep in mind is to make sure you lower your ass first before bending your back, the weight should come down as your ass moves down, then your knees move down, then the weight hits ground. Good timing on the hold, should keep it up there for a good 2-3 seconds before lowering.

Great pull RR, my one and only suggestion is to keep your eyes up throughout the whole lift. You started to look forward about a third of the way into the pull.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Great pull RR, my one and only suggestion is to keep your eyes up throughout the whole lift. You started to look forward about a third of the way into the pull.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Thanks the kind words gentlemen. There's a serious amount of knowledge on this board, so there was no way I was passing on the opportunity to post a video and get some solid comments good and/or bad.

I think you're right Scotsman now that I look at it again. I did look forward a bit. As you can see, our gym only allows deadlifting in the squat rack. The floor is protected for deadlifting here. In my previous gym, I would be that little bit more back and would pick a spot on the wall and focus on it. Unfortunately, deadlifting in the squat rack means you are right up beside the mirror and that does leave me open to looking straight sometimes. I must train my eyes or else deadlift with my eyes closed and focusing on an imaginary shape.

riverrock said:
Thanks the kind words gentlemen. There's a serious amount of knowledge on this board, so there was no way I was passing on the opportunity to post a video and get some solid comments good and/or bad.

I think you're right Scotsman now that I look at it again. I did look forward a bit. As you can see, our gym only allows deadlifting in the squat rack. The floor is protected for deadlifting here. In my previous gym, I would be that little bit more back and would pick a spot on the wall and focus on it. Unfortunately, deadlifting in the squat rack means you are right up beside the mirror and that does leave me open to looking straight sometimes. I must train my eyes or else deadlift with my eyes closed and focusing on an imaginary shape.

The problem with closing your eyes will be balance. What I do sometimes is wear a baseball cap and try to look up just past the end of the bill.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom