Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

pleasant surprise today when I got home

HappyScrappy

New member
I walk in today, glad for the end of the work week - the first one at this new job.
I set down my bag and pick up the mail, sorting through - some random shit for the dude that lived here before (his financial aid info - wish I knew how to contact this dude). there was a VS catalog, fantastic, and into the trash with that. random bills - yay.

but then there was one that I didn't recognize. I set it aside and went through the others, figuring that one was junk mail.
well - glad I didn't throw it out.
I tear it open and look at it, and I still can't for the life of me figure out why I got it - but it is a large check out of the blue. It is from a life insurance company, and fortunately I don't know anyone that has died... so I don't know what it is. I've never bothered with life insurance myself, so it isn't like I have some recently cancelled policy.

so anyway, I don't know where it is from, but I'm psyched.
 
nah - no ass tapping at work for me.
I did get some cake today though. I don't even really like cake. some intern was leaving, so they gave him cake and then all stood around talking to each other.
I didn't know anyone, so I just stood there looking stupid. what I do best.

as for the real doll, I save my money and just slip the guy at the morgue a fiver every now and then.

and HI, since it is an actual check from an established firm, I'd say it is okay. I will send out some emails on monday to try and track where this is from and why I got it.
either way, I'm glad to have it.
 
HappyScrappy said:


I tear it open and look at it, and I still can't for the life of me figure out why I got it - but it is a large check out of the blue. It is from a life insurance company, and fortunately I don't know anyone that has died... so I don't know what it is. I've never bothered with life insurance myself, so it isn't like I have some recently cancelled policy.

so anyway, I don't know where it is from, but I'm psyched.

Better find out who sent it, or you may have to pay it back..

I hope not..
 
less than $10K.

and I'm not spending it, just letting it sit in the bank for abit anyway (I'm switching accounts and there is going to be some lag time in each account for about a month until I get all automated systems resolved to the correct account).
 
I have three theories.

1) there is a family fight going on with my dad's side of the family. his stepmom is trying to get all of my grandfather's money spread out to her kids and grandkids, and occasionally he will find ways to send some to me.
I don't think this is the case since he doesn't know my new address.

2) an error. again, I have no idea how this would happen since this is a new address.

3) the most likely is I just changed jobs, and in leaving the other one, I cancelled al of my benefits. I didn't have any life insurance through them that I paid for, but there was some system that they paid for (but I was pretty sure I just opted out of it).
I *did* have a 401K though, but it wasn't through this company, so I'm not sure why a life insurance company would be the one paying me for that (there were several reasons I didn't roll it over - I know about the tax and all that, but I don't want to get into it).

so I would guess that it is probably the 401K thing, but where it is coming from and the amount don't quite match that, so basically the end result is that I'm not quite sure.
I will be talking to someone from my other company on Monday to see if they are behind it.
 
There are some loan companies out there that have become quite creative in offering signature loans at often less than competitive interest rates. The offers usually come in the form of a check made out to the consumer, and by cashing/depositing the check you agree to the terms of the loan.
 
ooo, that would indeed be fun.
I have seen similar things before, but those have always been labled so that if you read the fine print, they could legally support themselves and that you need to pay.
this one is a drafted check and tax info from a very big namein life insurance.

whatever it is, I suppose I will find out soon enough
 
initially I'll spend some on cheap wine, fast cars, and loose women.
the rest I'll just waste.

thanks, and good night, I'll be here all week.
 
Top Bottom