Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pin gone bad!

Redfield11

I posted yesterday complaining that after my third pin of the cycle my injection site was red and really itchy. I just had a look at it and it's an absolute mess, really red, there's yellow to clear liquid seeping out if it and there's swelling. The thing I'm confused about is that I wiped my glute with disinfectant and used a completely sterile needle/syringe. It looks infected but I don't how. Could it be that I'm overreacting? Any ideas?

Also I've been shown where to pin by a friend but I don't know if it's BS. Could someone also let me know where about on the glute I should be injecting?

Much Love x

I posted yesterday complaining that after my third pin of the cycle my injection site was red and really itchy. I just had a look at it and it's an absolute mess, really red, there's yellow to clear liquid seeping out if it and there's swelling. The thing I'm confused about is that I wiped my glute with disinfectant and used a completely sterile needle/syringe. It looks infected but I don't how. Could it be that I'm overreacting? Any ideas?

Also I've been shown where to pin by a friend but I don't know if it's BS. Could someone also let me know where about on the glute I should be injecting?

Much Love x

it doesn't necessarily have to be your injection technique, it could be dirty gear.

divide your quad into 4 quadrants, the upper outer quadrant is where you want to be.

any red streaking at injection site?

Is it hot to the touch?

If you are in doubt I would head in to the clinic. It's better to be safe than sorry, you don't want an abcess.

it doesn't necessarily have to be your injection technique, it could be dirty gear.

divide your quad into 4 quadrants, the upper outer quadrant is where you want to be.

any red streaking at injection site?

Is it hot to the touch?

If you are in doubt I would head in to the clinic. It's better to be safe than sorry, you don't want an abcess.

There's no streaking and I wouldn't say it was hot to the touch. Just tender and swollen. I got the gear from a pretty reputable source and it's a well known brand, could be a dodgy batch though. I'll wait until the morning and if it's got any worse I'll head to the doctor to get it checked out, benefits of living in the UK is that I don't have to lie about using!

Thanks for the pinning advice, I'll give it a go next pin.

Many thanks.

Are u repeatedly pinning the same spot? If so u need to rotate

I move it around a bit but they're pretty close together so maybe that's it. It seems to have dried up a little so I think it's alright. I'll treat my other glute to a pin next week instead and see how that goes. Cheers.

I move it around a bit but they're pretty close together so maybe that's it. It seems to have dried up a little so I think it's alright. I'll treat my other glute to a pin next week instead and see how that goes. Cheers.

You need to rotate the muscle where you are pinning.

Did you clean the top of the vial with alcohol?

Did you use a needle to draw and another to pin?

Cheers.

Sorry I haven't got back to you guys earlier, I've been busy as hell at work. First off thank you for your advice/support, I was getting worried when I saw it and thought I had a major infection. It's gone down now, my friend is a nurse and she had a look, said it was nothing to worry about but as you guys suggested, to pin in different places and not the same spot as it'll get irritated. So she disinfected it, put a plaster on my bum, gave me a lollipop and off I went.

Thanks fellas, it's like a big happy family on this forum!

Next time that happens Massage the area with a hot washcloth do this several times as this will help disperse the oil.

Sometimes a bad inject can happen despite using all the proper techniques. It doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong, or mean you had dirty gear. Sometimes it just happens, even to guys that have been pinning for years and years. You just have to always do what you can to minimize those things happening. Rotate injection sites, inject slowly, always switch needles, and clean the site and top of vial with an alcohol swab before drawing/injecting.

Top Bottom