Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pics from the DC area strongman competition

The Nature Boy said:
here's another pic

small_09110024.JPG

That guy has 'overtrained obliques'....

Do all strong-men contests have like less audience than contestants?

ChefWide said:
That guy has 'overtrained obliques'....

the scientific term is "table muscle". There were plenty of guys there that fit that discription.

A couple of the bigger guys couldnt finish some of the events, but some of the smaller guys were running circles around them.

I know that heavier weights on the equipment need to be taken into consideration, but it amazed me that the smaller guys were doing very well against the bigger guys.

Lumberg and I had some issues with some of the equipment they were using, but I think it all worked out pretty well anyway.

FreeballinDC said:
the sci
A couple of the bigger guys couldnt finish some of the events, but some of the smaller guys were running circles around them.entific term is "table muscle". There were plenty of guys there that fit that discription.

I know that heavier weights on the equipment need to be taken into consideration, but it amazed me that the smaller guys were doing very well against the bigger guys.

Lumberg and I had some issues with some of the equipment they were using, but I think it all worked out pretty well anyway.

I think that is a testament to how much this sport is one where endurance and speed come into play. It is not simply a lift heavy things sport.

WHat were your issues and with what implements?

KillahBee said:
WHat were your issues and with what implements?

One was the yoke carry. They put extra weights on the frame to compensate for the larger guys. When competitors walked with the yoke, the weights would sway back and forth because they weren't collared. I just thought it was tougher on the competitors because not only did they have to walk, they had to somehow balance the yoke so it wouldnt sway too much and the torpedoes at the bottom of the yoke wouldnt hit the ground.

My opinion though. I have no real idea if that really affects performance, it just looked to be more difficult than it should have been.

Code said:
Who's the Vin Diesel look-a-like?

Guy in the blue UA tank and red cap is Graham, he organizes these things and also competed. Shouting advice to the competitors during runs, overall cool guy fromt eh short convo I had with him.

Word.

I give Lumberg props for just being an outgoing person, and doing the introductions to who he thought he knew, and to those running the show.

I missed it, but he even tried the tire flip on his own.

I am not so bold

crak600 said:
those were some nice pics. i got about halfway through and had to stop, but i'll finish them off later.

I bet it's hard to get through them all without busting your nut. I'll take that as a compliment.

To clarify: myself and one of the guys helping with the yoke were trying to flip the tire. I could get it like 1 ince off the ground. After three tries I said hey let's you and me do it together. So we did. It was awesome. It weighs 670#.

Top Bottom