Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PHYTOSERMS.....???s & thoughts

Here's something I read on Nangirin the chemical responsible for the magic in the grapefruits ability to lengthen the effects of some compounds. Grapefruit is loaded with naringin. The majority of caffeine and other alkaloids are metabolized by various enzymes such as CYP1A2, CYP2E1 and CYP3A4. However, naringin has been documented to inhibit CYP34A (as well as CYP1A2) activity in human liver. This means that naringin may increase the half life (extending the activity) of various alkaloids

I've found this discussion to be highly volatile over the years on various forums... although I still subscribe to the notion these compounds serve a very useful function when used under control and in an educated manner.

However, be that as it may, DHB/Bioperine/Naringin/Emblica officinalis discussions usually open up a...
747119_can-o-worms.gif

I've found this discussion to be highly volatile over the years on various forums... although I still subscribe to the notion these compounds serve a very useful function when used under control and in an educated manner.

However, be that as it may, DHB/Bioperine/Naringin/Emblica officinalis discussions usually open up a...
747119_can-o-worms.gif

I remember reading a few places that grapefruit has a tendency to lower testosterone in men. Despite the fact that I hate the stuff, this is what has kept me from buying it in the past...

I remember reading a few places that grapefruit has a tendency to lower testosterone in men. Despite the fact that I hate the stuff, this is what has kept me from buying it in the past...

I've heard this too... but to what degree, in what study and how controlled was it, what were the ages of the men studied, were they trained males/humans, were the results from this phantom study repeated and/or peer reviewed, what was the duration and intake amounts of the grapefruit, was it whole fruit or a standardized extract... etc.

Vilifying and dismissing grapefruit writ large in response to this seemingly urban-myth status wives tale, might not be the best method of operation (or it very well could be - we don't know enough).

I've heard this too... but to what degree, in what study and how controlled was it, what were the ages of the men studied, were they trained males/humans, were the results from this phantom study repeated and/or peer reviewed, what was the duration and intake amounts of the grapefruit, was it whole fruit or a standardized extract... etc.

Vilifying and dismissing grapefruit writ large in response to this seemingly urban-myth status wives tale, might not be the best method of operation (or it very well could be - we don't know enough).

lol yeah I hear ya bro. I question the theory as well as I have never seen any studies. I just spent about 20 minutes looking for one and can't find anything but positives on how it increases absorbtion in a bunch of different supplements and drugs including dbol.

lol yeah I hear ya bro. I question the theory as well as I have never seen any studies. I just spent about 20 minutes looking for one and can't find anything but positives on how it increases absorbtion in a bunch of different supplements and drugs including dbol.

I wonder where the urban legend folklore came from then? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised however, with the immeasurable amount of misinformation that is spread throughout the bodybuilding persuasion.

Top Bottom