Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Personal First - Collapsed under the Squat Bar

Synpax

I haven't been lifting for the last two months, and I hadn't been squating or doing much leg with for the last three months. When I was squating, my form was teh sux as I wasn't going to parallel and seemed to have a fear of not being able to get back up again.

Today is my first day doing legs again. I do 5x5 with the squat now the 5x5 for legs. I put the weight back to a low starting amount that I can build up from steadily - and I was focused totally on form and going deep enough.

And on rep 5 of set 5, I went down too far and...... could not get up (fortunatly I was in the power cage and the side bars caught it.)

I think this may have cured my irrational fear of collapsing under the bar. I take it in the future that if I don't collapse on the final rep of the final set, I didn't do my best.

at least you know you were working if you cant get back up
i've gone down under the bar more times than i care to admit

d3track said:
at least you know you were working if you cant get back up
i've gone down under the bar more times than i care to admit

There's no shame in it. The only people who don't have it happen to them regularly are just like people who don't need a spotter for the bench - they aren't challenging themselves, aren't facing enough progressive load.

Who was the pro recently that ruptured BOTH quadracept tendons doing squats? Talk about having a fear of doing heavy squats in the future.

i think it was faux that shredded his quads

and yeah, the power rack is great (cept for the fucker who was curling in it last night)

the you never know till you try go me my squat pr last week!

Right as long as you are the rack, and can limit how far you decend if you fail, this is not a problem. As you said, there is no shame in this, and it shows that you are pushing yourself to the limit. It happens to all of us.

Top Bottom