Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

People in So. Cal.....

cobra kid

New member
I'm moving to California in a few weeks but I don't know where to move yet. It's just something I've always wanted to do because of motocross. I've never been out there and I was hoping someone on here rides and could help me out a little.
 
I AGREE WITH 2THICK ABOUT SAN DIEGO. I THINK TOMMY CLOWERS LIVES JUST OUTSIDE THERE ALSO. WATCH THE XGAMES OR SOMETHING AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE ALL OF THE RIDERS ARE FROM. THAT MAY HELP.


KAYNE
 
Make sure you bring allot of money and have a good job lined up- the job market sucks here and the rent is sky high!
 
thanx, I was planning on somewhere in San Diego county and one of my friends from around here lived in El Cajon and he said it was great. I just don't want to move into slums. But i'm young and i'll be renting so something too nice won't work either. I just need to find a local who knows where to go.
 
YOURE JUST PACKING UP AND MOVING??? HOW OLD ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU DO???

PS....NEED A ROOMATE??? LOL


KAYNE
 
I've lived here all my life and I'm ready to leave for Big Sur or Monterrey. The traffic here is worse then L.A. because we have the worst freeway systems known to man! Plus the line up in the surf sucks. Great for moto cross though with all of the surrounding mountains and deserts.
 
AND IF YOU CANT GET A JOB, YOU CAN ALWAYS START MAIL ORDER BUSINESS BY GOING ACROSS THE BORDER TO TJ.


KAYNE
 
yeah, i thought about the mail order business but after getting arrested and sitting in jail for a few hours was enough to rule that out. I'm just packing up my truck and moving. I just graduated and don't want to go to school yet. My mom is cool and agreed to pay for my bills for the first few months until i get settled. I've been saving for the past 4 years and with no real bills it added up but from what i hear that won't last long there.
 
El Cajon is more or less a rathole, all mexican neighborhoods and white trash which may or may not be cool with you. I live right next to El Cajon in La Mesa and it is pretty crappy here too but more affordable than other areas. He is right about the traffic. Where are you coming from, Pittsburgh? I pay 790 for a shitty 1 bedroom which is cheap for here. There are allot of people into dirt bikes here, a hella lot. The biggest thing is like I said, the job market sucks. I have been looking for work for 2 weeks and haven't found shit yet.
 
Stay the fuck away from Mira Mesa.
 
YOU JUST GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL???

DAMN, I WISH I WOULD HAVE MOVED LIKE THAT. I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE THE FAMILY AT THAT AGE. I STARTED COLLEGE RIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. NOW THAT I'M ABOUT TO GRADUATE, I WANT TO LEAVE AND CALI IS ON THE LIST. DEPENDS WHERE THE MONEY IS AT FOR MY DEGREE.


KAYNE
 
WHATEVER YOU DO, JUST PLZ DONT COME TO NEW ORLEANS!!! EVEN THOUGH KEVIN WINDHAM IS FROM BATON ROUGE, STAY OUT OF THIS GOD FORSAKEN PLACE!!!


KAYNE
 
La Jolla=major expensive. Try 1200 for a tiny 1 bedroom.
Mira Mesa=rice capital of SD. Fairly cheap. Mostly asians.

Go for La Mesa for a cheapy not too crappy place. I try not to go to El Cajon in less I have to- it blows. Otherwise go live at the beach areas- Pacific Beach is where the partying is at and it is anywhere from affordable to expensive. Traffic SUCKS bad out there but there are tons of chicks.
I dont think San Diego is all its cracked up to be. If you lived east coast before like me you may find the people here to rude assholes for the most part. No offense to those cool people that live here. So Cal is a self absorbed kind of place. Far differant than the east coast. Be ready for that change. On the plus side there are killer places to ride for you. It is also a beautiful area with mountains,snowboarding within driving distance and nice weather(except La Jolla most of the time)I came here for my band and instead of making much headway there I have spent the past 10 months trying to pay my bills. It is hard to get by here.
 
HA! $790. That's less than half my rent. Blah. I've lived in Mission Valley, Carlsbad, San Marcos and Coronado. San Marcos is like El Cajon, super crappy. The rest are nice. Mission Valley was the most fun, right by the Q. They are revitalizing IB, which is near TJ and is on the cheap ghetto side of things.
 
TO ANYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT LIVING IN SAN DIEGO AND SURROUNDING AREAS, YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVENT BEEN TO NEW ORLEANS.


KAYNE
 
2Thick said:
I once went to lake Mira Mesa park and it was really cool... That must mean it is a nice place to live.

There's no such thing as Lake Mira Mesa Park. Maybe you're thinking of Lake Murray Park, or perhaps Mira Mesa Community Park?
 
i guess el cajon is out.....i'd rather not live in a trashy place. Yeh, I'm just outta high school. I just can't wait to be away from winter. I've been waiting for this forever and i'm so anxious now it's crazy.
 
2Thick said:


Hehe... is it like in the movie "Waterboy"?

NAHH...ITS NVR LIKE THE MOVIES MAKE IT OUT TO BE AND WE DONT TALK LIKE THAT EITHER. LMAO. YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE OUT SKIRT CITIES LIKE LAFAYETTE, WHICH IS 3 HOURS AWAY, TO HEAR THAT ACCENT.



KAYNE
 
My bad. 2Thick, you probably went to Lake Miramar Park. It is nice, but it's not in Mira Mesa. That's Scripps Ranch, and that is a very nice and upscale area.
 
Pink Space Biscuit said:
HA! $790. That's less than half my rent. Blah. I've lived in Mission Valley, Carlsbad, San Marcos and Coronado. San Marcos is like El Cajon, super crappy. The rest are nice. Mission Valley was the most fun, right by the Q. They are revitalizing IB, which is near TJ and is on the cheap ghetto side of things.

i grew up in san marcos, your right i used to call it mini Tj. El cajon is a shit hole, Pacific beach great for chicks and parties, carlsbad is the most affordable nice beach area still is a little expensive though for a kid on his own. Vista is alright escondido is o.k too and is only like an hour from some nice desert areas for motocross.
 
cobra kid said:
i guess el cajon is out.....i'd rather not live in a trashy place. Yeh, I'm just outta high school. I just can't wait to be away from winter. I've been waiting for this forever and i'm so anxious now it's crazy.


I did the same thing you are going to do...

And All I have to say is "That's the best thing I've ever did
for myself."

I hope you have great life... :D
Good Luck..
 
I left the east coast 3 days after my 18th birthday for San Diego. I think environment plays a big role. Seattle has the highest suicide rate cause it's a gloomy blah place.
 
For me it has allot to do with the ability to make a good living. SD is a hard place to live if you dont have a real career or some skill that is in demand. Beautiful place but there are better, I just haven't found a place better in the US yet. Australia is the place I want to live someday. PinkSpaceBiscuit, you live near the beach? Mission Valley is nice, great location- pretty much yupiie area with shopping malls and condo living- nice though. Pricey rents. I would like to move there if I could afford it but I think I will look for a house for rent in La Mesa. Cheap.
 
Diego is the shiznit!!! Move to PB!!! The thing that sux for you is almost 95% of the clubs are 21 and up. There are a few that are 18 and up, but from what I hear, they suck.

BigRedCat-your band ever play any local gigs? like 4th and B or Canes?
 
We need to have a San Diego/So Cal get together..
 
I personally feel there is absolutely nothing in san diego, I say move to LA, its much more of a lifestyle, and dont forget people los angeles is not only the true capital of california, but its the capital of the world!
 
Yuck, only the insane would move to LA. Who wants to waste their day in traffic? Thank god for camp pendleton or San Diego/Orange County/LA would be one fucking uber city.
 
Pink Space Biscuit said:
Yuck, only the insane would move to LA. Who wants to waste their day in traffic? Thank god for camp pendleton or San Diego/Orange County/LA would be one fucking uber city.

Finally, somebody in So Cal that likes JarHeads.....

so uh...how you doing? Uh Rah!! Semper Fi!! Kill!!!

HA, HA, HA ;)
 
thats what a helicopter is for brother, you avoid all traffic that is on the road........san diego and all areas south of long beach are like for old folks and laid back people, there aint shit in san diego, until you been to LA and say you hate it dont say it, cause if you could spend one day hangin at venice beach and training at golds gym, you would love it!!!!!!! LA is the best and always will be just ask shaquille o'neal
 
Yeah I moved from Boston to Socal (LA), lived in Mission Valley for a year, traffic sux, stay away from inbread cajon and get a rat trap in PB.
 
I personlally like where I'm at now in mission valley,but if your looking for lower rent and a dirt bike town,there is none like temecula.The town is relativelly new,and is booming with jobs,and motocross fanatics.All of the metal melitia live there,and have there own person acrage to just get nutz on their bikes.Lots of land,and opportunities.
 
Temecula is kinda in the middle of nowhere isn't it? Cheaper housing I guess. Mission Valley is pretty nice but pricey. San Diego is just plain pricey all around. Check this out. I used one of those comparison tools online that you can compare rents etc.- well I first compared San Diego with Tampa- Tampa rent was 34% cheaper. Then I compared San Diego with Manhatten- the rent there is 234% higher!!!! That is an average of about 2000k for a 1 bedroom. Same as San Fran I guess. San Diego is still overpriced if you ask me. Mission Valley is the only place I have seen that has new apartments but they start at like 950+.
 
temecula is'nt expensive yet because it's very underpopulated.Clean town,HOT girls,and I mean fucking HOT!,not much traffic,and tons of motocross for ya man.
 
Top Bottom