Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Partial Birth Abortion Ban Passes

The point is, is that euthanasia is illegal in this country for any reason and for good reason. Why should we worship a god if we are going to play god?

If you were a coherent, adult with your senses about you then I would say the law should allow you the choice to live or die, but when you cannot speak for yourself some must do it for you and hopefully it is not Dr. Mengala.

atlantabiolab said:
No. Please show us where experience is conditional for moral reasoning. So without experience in battle or fighting, a man cannot make the moral judgement to know when he must fight to protect life and property? Is this the type of reasoning used by minority advocates to pass laws preferring said minority, arguing that the majority cannot "understand the 'black, gay, latino, disabled, etc.' experience"?

Experience is not conditional for reasoning, it is only a tool for reasoning, but man does not have to reason at all. There are numerous cases in which it can be shown that experience does not correlate with reasoning. Politics is a great example.
I guess so are questions of morality, hence your attempt to make this an issue of morality and not personal rights.

This is the EXACT reason I said:
"Is it possible I just might be in a better position than you..."
The "tools" I have at my disposal for reasoning are better. Period. I have more information than you and you and you and you, and yes, just about ANYONE here. And because it wasn't drilled into my head since childhood by the nuns much like Muslim schoolchildren learn that Jews drink virgin Arab blood, I don't carry this inherent bias. My point is, don't even bother to argue the FACTS of this with me.

I am not making a MORAL decision or argument. Your argument is based entirely on what you think is morally right and what is morally wrong and then IMPOSING your moral beliefs on someone else. My experience is relevant because my arguments are based on facts that I have witnessed and participated in ranging from indications for abortion to outcomes from abortions as well as live births. My observations are scientific as any piece-of-shit electropheresis gel you run in the lab, nerd-boy. My statements on abortion are not based on my moral beliefs, they are based on medical outcomes.

As for the greatest hippocracy of all:
The first two [rape, incest] are non-consentual therefore the woman has the law on her side to argue for the procedure, but she would have to prove her case, since this is a claim that societal laws have been violated and another is being implicated as being a criminal. I'm sure you can see how allowing this argument non-chalantly opens the flood gates to erroneous charges.
So this "innocent life" can be snuffed depending on the situation that caused it???? Boy your moral compass must have just landed on the magnetic South Pole!!!!! Or is that just another way to appease the masses so you can recruit more followers into your camp?
I already gave you the real definition. For a supposed doctor, your's was pathetic.
Kudos on pulling up that tired old quote from U Penn's parasitology department and your local Right-to-life branch. Never heard that one before, LOL. Amazing how every other definition (mine was from Webster's, since most arguing this point don't read "scientific" journals and we're talking public opinion here) does not include that first line regarding "different species." In fact, that very definition you so eloquently quoted from the "Stop Abortin Now! website" is about the only one that inserts that interspecies condition. Just because a single, pro-life author at U. Penn says it's so doesn't override the basic, colloquial definition.

Regardless of all this, it's merely a single WORD, and that word is not the be-all, end-all of this debate. More important words would be "self determination" and "personal rights" which are, after all the basic tenets that this country was based on. Got any biased definitions for those?

Stuff like "separation of church and state" were intended to prevent this entire argument. The government needs to stay out of abortion and other similar issues because the "moral high ground" on this debate is based on religious ideology, not factual medical or scientific evidence.

Ahh, but this is a moral issue! It is what one perceives to be morally correct. Abortionists perceive abortion as not only morally correct but there right. We on the other hand find it morally wrong and no ones right.

Just as every single law of the world is based on the collective moral beliefs of a society so is abortion

chesty said:
Ahh, but this is a moral issue! It is what one perceives to be morally correct. Abortionists perceive abortion as not only morally correct but there right. We on the other hand find it morally wrong and no ones right.

Just as every single law of the world is based on the collective moral beliefs of a society so is abortion

out of sheer curiousity chesty, whats your stance on stem cell research

stem cells are taken and grown into balls of about 4-8 i believe, then each harvested.

in both 1st trimester abortions and stem cell research a ball of cells is prevented from developing.....ignoring the scientific dificulties in making a ball of cells develop outside of a womb etc, in both cases a set of cells has been prevented from developing

the stem cell research will allieviate other medical conditions and provide cells for research. is it therefore right to base this arguement on moral issues or integrate those morals with religious and scientific beliefs?

I'm pro choice, but partial birth abortions are too much.

Does society as a whole benefit from allowing women to abort unwanted pregnancies? I think so, but pulling a fully developed child out of the womb and sucking out its brains is so disgusting it makes me want to vomit. I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense to some of you, but human beings who are capable of performing such a horrible act, and those who support them, do not belong in this country.

What do you think God would say if he were asked if we should perform these abortions? I think we all know exactly what he would say.

Don't believe in God? That's fine with me. I don't believe in "God" in the traditional sense, either. I'm still undecided as to who or what is out there, or if there's anything out there at all. But I know right from wrong, and this shit is as evil as it gets.

What type of person could hold a human child and drive scissors into the back of its skull, and then insert a tube into its skull and suck out its brains?

How could someone justify doing this?

BronzedGoddess said:

So you have to choose to either be a stay at home mom or work? You have to have maternity leave becuase daycare will not take a child under 6 weeks in most cases.

Bevy of Brats.................shitty choice of words IMO

UNPAID maternity leave doesn't bother me. It's the paid leave that bothers me - imho, the world is overpopulated, and while I think everyone has the right to have one child, I don't think lifestyle choices of having 2 or more should be supported by the state (unless you end up with twins, of course). So, take all the unpaid leave you want. I'm sure most bosses won't mind, over here in Europe people get 5 weeks of paid holiday time anway. But I don't believe the state should support people's lifestyle choices - having a child is a lifestyle choice. My views on population and the like are a bit extreme and perhaps not suited to this board. I'm all for people hvaing all the kids they want as long as they support them. I'm willing to pay for state aid to support one child per mother/father (custodial parent).

Otherwise, get used to your new snack, Soylent Green.

The reality is that abortion has been legal in America for 30 years. It is highly unlikely that anyone on the SC could justify overturning Roe vs. Wade after 30 years of accommodation of abortion.

What is being argued now is how it should be regulated -- thus the brouhaha over mislabeled "partial birth abortions," the fights over teenage girls and access to abortion, etc. While pro-life people may imagine they are whittling away at Roe vs. Wade, there's very little chance the fundamental right of a woman to choose is going to be taken from her.

(And thank you, Babydoc, for introducing some reality to this discussion.)

circusgirl said:

UNPAID maternity leave doesn't bother me. It's the paid leave that bothers me - imho, the world is overpopulated, and while I think everyone has the right to have one child, I don't think lifestyle choices of having 2 or more should be supported by the state (unless you end up with twins, of course). So, take all the unpaid leave you want. I'm sure most bosses won't mind, over here in Europe people get 5 weeks of paid holiday time anway. But I don't believe the state should support people's lifestyle choices - having a child is a lifestyle choice. My views on population and the like are a bit extreme and perhaps not suited to this board. I'm all for people hvaing all the kids they want as long as they support them. I'm willing to pay for state aid to support one child per mother/father (custodial parent).

Otherwise, get used to your new snack, Soylent Green.

If everyone thought like you the world would cease to exist. Well, I guess I'm overpopulating the world with my 2 rugrats. I'll just agree to disagree with ya on this one.

BronzedGoddess said:

If everyone thought like you the world would cease to exist. Well, I guess I'm overpopulating the world with my 2 rugrats. I'll just agree to disagree with ya on this one.

Actually y'see I think voluntary human extinction would do the planet a favour. But I know not everyone sees it that way. I have nothing against your kids BTW, I quite like kids actually. But the constant world population increase really worries me. I do think that soylent green is a prospect.... oh, well I'm off my soapbox to go do some squatting. I have no desire to pick a fight with anyone really here, my main aim in posting here is to get training advice, which I do, great advice. Didn't mean to offend you, it's easy for me to be extremely abrasive in print without realising it...

Top Bottom