Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pain when doing curls

Drifter

Its not quite pain but it definitely feels like something is being stretched/pulled way more than it should. It happens with all types of bicep excercises and is located along the ulna almost from wrist to elbow. Does anyone know what the culprit is or have any suggestions as to what is causing this. I'm thinking its a possible muscle imballance so I'm thinking of adding some hammer curls and pronate curls to see if that helps. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Peace

------------------
It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats

By all means I'm no doctor but you may want to see one, sounds almost carpal tunnel syndrome? I don't mean to scare you it's just my opinon but anytime something does not "seem right" I would have it checked out before any "permanent" damage is done.

[This message has been edited by Kryp2o (edited April 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kryp2o (edited April 18, 2001).]

alot of bb's just starting out get it. feel kindof like shin splints but in your wrists. i remember having a difficult time letting go of the bar because it felt like my wrists were locked. dont get me wrong...bodybuilders get carpal tunnel syndrome too but i wouldnt sweat it. lighten up the weight for a while or stop training bis for a week or 2 and see what happens. chances are it will go away.

Thanks for the replies but time off won't help. The reason I say this is because I have just come off a 1 year layoff and had experienced this previously. As for Carpal Tunnel Syndrom I have my doubts about that too for the same reasons. I haven't done enough exercising to incur such an injury although I've been known to be wrong before.

Peace.

actually what i mean is time off now that you have begun training. still hit back, chest etc but ease up on the bicep training. allow your forearms to adjust to the strain that they are under. your grip is under tons of strain and your forearms are probably trying to adapt but its a bit fast.

does your fingers ever go to sleep? if so you may have nearve damage or may need the nerve that runs in back of the elbow moved to the front.( this nearve can cause pain in your forearm.

I have EXACTLY the same problem as you, i get it especially when i do precher curls, cannot let go of the bar at the end, like that other guy said, shin splint feeling, The only real remedy i have found for it is i have started doing some moderate waited wrist curls, like a 17kg for 15reps to warm up my forearms, i found as my forearms got bigger, the pain went away. My thesis on this was that my forearm could not support the waight i was lifting on my bicept, as my forearm was understrain, ........ that part may be total BS as i am no doctor, but whatever happened the warm up seemed to cure it, try it out, tell me what your think. P.S b sure not to overdo the warm up, or the pump will b soooo intense you feel like your arms gonna blow up! :)

------------------
"i said empty your mind. B formless shapless like water. U put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash ... b water my freind" - Bruce Lee

try keeping your wrists straight so that they don't bend. Maybe go lighter with higher reps to get the tendons used to the stress.

Well, I started doing some wrist curls and and also taking it a bit lighter on my bicep exercises. So we'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Peace

------------------
It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats

Top Bottom