Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

overtraining?

musclebosun

At current, i train with weights 5 mornings a week, cycle [to and from work] bout 10kms a day and throw in at least one sprint session and one swim session a week. Its a pretty full routine but i feel capable. I would like to get back into boxing a few nights a week but am worried i will burn myself out. how much is to much?

listen to your body, of you think you can handle it, try it, if not, back off, everyone is different, depends on what your goals are too

Yeah, if you feel burned out, most likely you are burning out. How long have you been training for? Being able to listen to your body effectively is something that comes with experience.

Its been my experience that the body will adapt. Look at bulgarian training routines for example, or even the ones in my journal. I think overtraining is mostly bullshit, though it can have some application to those who train extremely intense and heavy on a frequent basis. Its way overused though. Aslong as you continue to make some progress and can handle it, Id say your not overtraining.

Overtraining....I feel guiltier than crap when I don't lift or run at least 4-5 times a week. When I do back off, it's usually a few days then I get all pissed at myself and I hit hard again...

I tend to agree with WB....however, I think most of my problem is nutrition. Since I have those damn love-handles, I usually calorie restrict to lose some fat...then by the weekend I'm spent, both physically and mentally...so I hit the buffets, beat myself up with some more guilt and then hit the gym....after a few days I'm back at it doing the same crap, over and over. I don't seem to be getting anywhere quick.

Advice?

CTD, nothing I can say to that except learn some fucking discipline. Not trying to be rude, of course. If you're really not able to stick with anything, you've got to learn how to focus on something for a greater good, even though it's hard. You need some sort of self-motivation, I think. Nothing we can help you with.

Top Bottom