Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overtraining>.... Your Thoughts...

M

madbomber31

is it actually too much work for the body, or just too little nourishment? this week i began softball... just one double header, and it seems to have put me over the edge... instead of super intense workouts WITH cardio prior to them, i am able to struggle through the cardio only... its hell!!! i am thinking its lack of food, but now i dont know.

When I did 2-a days for college T&F I was still able to increase strength in the weight room (this was Hugh in his pre-juice days). The trick is paying an absurd amount of attention to diet and sleeping alot. I always took in a hell of alot of simple carbs and easily digestable protein after each workout. If I could do it again I'd also take shot of humalog after the AM workout to speed the glycogen replenishment.

i get 30 views and one person replies??? what gives? nobody knows jack shit about overtraining or has any theories?

I agree with Hugh, sleep is the key AND nutrition, you have to remember if youve torn up your muscles and are then doing other activities ontop of them, you are still wearing down resources that would have been repairing your muscles if you had been resting, so it figures you need to compensate by eating more.

Your diet is specific to bb'ing, if you do other things "off the wall" then this will naturally eat into this pool of resource depleting it, which your body will not be prepared for nor will be familiar with and will upset the usual pattern.

I also think it is mind based, sometimes you can think yourself into overtraining.

its positivity and negativity, negativity brings stress, positivity brings adrenaline.

It's definately possible to overtrain.
My work has me doing Beacoup movement all day long.
Haven't had my cortisol levels or whatever tested, but I'm prety sure they would show that I push my body pretty hard, that 's not good for strength and size, you do need lots of rest. Your theory is about right.

Boo Koo? You have butchered the french language to its extreme... God forbid Jean Pierre ever hears you...

Beacoup - A lot, excessive, much.

I think its hard to overtrain if you're getting enough rest and following a good diet.

But I do know what you're talking about. Last summer I played part time construction worker during the weekends helping a buddy bulid a house. Its hard work and I give construction workers credit for doing it everyday. I was in good shape training at least 5 days a week but when my body had to do a different type of work I really felt the difference. Jumping off of rafters, carrying sheets of plywood and planks of wood, walking on rocks and dirt and bending over all day nailing takes a toll on the body. On Monday when I went to my regular job my body was sore all over. Then in the gym that night I had no energy or desire to train. What I should have done was take a couple days off from the gym to recover.

With you playing softball now its probably the same thing. After a game, don't train the next day or two. Give your body a chance to recover and I'm sure you'll feel better.

i think its easier to overtrain while doing cardio, beacuse that crashes your immune system if you really do it intensly, weights wise, if u do overtrain, it will be for reasonbs already said.

MADBOMBER THIS JUST A THAUGHT:) MAYBE YOU SHOULD DROP THE CARDIO YA NO SINCE YOUR DOING ALL THAT RUNNING AROUND NOW PLAYING SOFTBALL AND SWEATIN UNDER THE SUN BRO,JUST A THAUGHT THOU..... GOTTA AGREE THOU SLEEP AND DIET IS THE KEY IF YOUR BUNKED OUT GOOD LUCK...:cool:

this shows that endurance and strength goes together. the softball has worned out your endurance .... I think it is overtraining .... you've gotta choose ... like some athlete choose between resistance training vs. running ... if softball has a cardio effect ... drop the cardio and just do weights. :alien:

Top Bottom