Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overtraining and testosterone

oso0960

I have found a lot of sources saying overtraining decreases testosterone. is this true?

And if it is, couldn't you do this: Purposely overtrain so much that your test levels drop below normal and get prescribed steroid shots for Testosterone Replacement Therapy?

Overtraining makes the body release more cortisol which is a catabolic hormone that eats muscle. I wouldn't do that for a test script.

Did a little research for ya on the net is this what i found....

Five endurance-trained men were studied before, immediately after, and 3 months after overtraining, which was defined as twice the previous average weekly training volume with unchanged intensity.
Basal testosterone levels decreased to 5.37 +/- 67 ng/mL from 8.68 +/- 93 ng/mL immediately after overtraining and basal cortisol levels increased to 215.3 +/- 31 ng/mL from 145.7 +/- 27 ng/mL.
Both cortisol and testosterone levels returned to pretraining values 3 months after resumption of previous training volume.
Sperm count decreased significantly by 43% immediately after overtraining and by 52% 3 months after overtraining.
These results indicate that overtraining reduces testosterone levels, which is highly correlated with an increase in levels of cortisol.

Hope this answers your question.

Top Bottom