Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overdeveloped Quads- HELP!!!

Personally, I would ditch the spinning and the stairmaster since both will emphasize the quads a lot. I know people have said that cardio won't build muscles, but have you ever seen a mountain biker with small quads? No, atleast I haven't. My friend Big Tommy built his legs and calves with mountain biking. Also, as far as bringing up you hammies goes, I would train them heavier with lower reps so that way they can grow faster and catch up better.

Well Grizzly I agree with you this time. Do you realize that this post totally flies in the face of what you posted about a woman needing 50lb dumbells to build her quads or do you not understand training at that in depth of a level?

I would also drop the spinning and the stairmaster, and train the hammies more directly, keeping reps below eight or for a woman 10 (due to physiological difference in muscle tissue type). I would cut out squats, etc. If you feel the need for a compound movement do stepups.

Tombstonealley said:
Well Grizzly I agree with you this time. Do you realize that this post totally flies in the face of what you posted about a woman needing 50lb dumbells to build her quads or do you not understand training at that in depth of a level?

I would also drop the spinning and the stairmaster, and train the hammies more directly, keeping reps below eight or for a woman 10 (due to physiological difference in muscle tissue type). I would cut out squats, etc. If you feel the need for a compound movement do stepups.

No it doesn't. When I said that she should train her hammies heavier I meant load that bar the fuck up and stiff-legged deadlift for 6-8 reps. Lying leg raises as heavy as possible for 6-8 reps. And, as far as I'm concerned, nothing short of squats is better for glutes than lunges and I would say grab them fifties and lunge. Heavy and hard. That'll bring them up. Well, maybe bench step ups would be equally as good for glutes, and even then I'd say grab the 50's and step up.

Let's face it, most people just want to get to a certain point and then they plan on stopping, until they get fat and gross again and then have to start over. Also, they want to get to that point the fastest way possible. Sure, you could sped 5 months with light weight and attain a decent musculature. OR, you could spend 2 months hitting it heavy and get the same results much faster. That's why I'm a proponent of heavier weights.

HeavyDutyGuy said:
A GUY mountain biking (uphill-high resistance) isn't the same as a female on a stairmaster.

Ok, that's true. Maybe the stairmaster is ok, but I stand by ditching the spinning. I don't know about anyone else, but when I ride a bike my quads get pumped the fuck up. Especially if I'm riding a real bike and not a stationary. Then I have to stop after a mile or so because I'm dying from pedaling my 250 pound ass uphill.

Don't forget the loading of the bodyweight on a stairclimber-I agree not as bad as intense spinning, but there is quite a stimulus still.

By the way grizzly I did not mean your advice on training the hammies was a contradiction I meant your position on cycling and stairstepping was. These are activities that do not involve a 50lb db and that can be done without a gym!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for all the great advice and ideas!!
I think that I will try to train my hams more intensely and just do high reps of lighter weights for quads.

Just one last question: Do squats work more of the hamstrings or more of the quads??

Thanks again
Geness:D

big legs make your waist look smaller, they're a good thing. Stiff legged deadlifts have given my hamstrings a slight gain in size--I would try those to emphazise the back of the legs.

Top Bottom