Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Outsourcing is a good thing

and so what happens when Chinese people won't work for peanuts anymore? what happens when chinese industries start luring away workers to make products for chinese and actually pay living wages? so then we move to africa right? exploit the negroes. So what happens when those uppity coloreds decide they won't work for peanuts?

It's a flawed paradigm. The only reason it works is because we print the worlds reserve. Something this video doesn't get into. All those retail and marketing jobs that supposedly wouldn't be around without dirt cheap labor.....well maybe they just shouldn't be around. How does supporting a labor force with another exploited labor force on the other side of the world make rational sense to "this society"? It doesn't, it just makes rational sense for the preservation of corporate margins above all else. It's an unsustainable business model as resources and labor will all eventually be used up in the process. The amount of waste that will likely never be recouped from this kind of economic model is staggering. We're taking shit out of the earth and converting it to "something"...and because we make that "something" to break down quickly so that people have to buy more of that "something", we have mountains of unreclaimable rubbish that was at one point valuable human resource.

This is how humans are working their way right off the planet. We're chewing through resources like they're infinite, and they're not. And once they're gone, or when they just start to become more scarce not fully gone yet....the social upheaval around the world will be biblical. The wars for resources that will ensue will dwarf anything talked about in any religious text. We're already seeing the groundwork for it in Greenland and on the Asian continent with Japan/China and India/China. China keeps damming rivers and cutting off water to India there will be an apocalyptic hindi/slope war.

"Dirt cheap labor" is relative. First, Chinese factory workers are being paid very well. Don't look at what they are paid but look at what they can buy with what they are paid. Ford sells more cars in China than in the United States. For a United States example, making 250k in Toledo Ohio means you are doing very well and probably live in a gated community while looking down on non country club members while in Manhattan that means you're a firefighter and your wife is a teacher. Northern union employees love to bitch about the southern right to work state employers paying their employees peanuts but those southern employees are doing very well in their middle class lifestyle.

Secondly, as far as scarcity of resources are concerned, the experts declared the world reached peak oil around 1890, then the late 1940's, then the late 1960's, then the 1970's and the last I heard it was reached in 2006 even though production is at record levels. Oil isn't unlimited and will run out but technology and the free market always finds a way to provide goods and services that are in demand. I don't give a shit about altruism because that is a fools errand with humanity, self-interest will always find a way.

That's ironic coming from the United States which has been devaluing our currency at record levels while China buys our treasuries to prop up the dollar so they can continue to export. One of these days the central planners of China will realize internal consumption is the wave of the future, much like US corporations realized years ago.

Can I inflation?

I know Mitt understands this stuff but he insists on being a typical politician. If he gave me a solid defense of free market capitalism then I would vote for him.

I honestly think that if he gets elected, he will polarize a lot of insiders because he will stick to his guns and actually try to do what's best for the country.

Even though I was younger and less informed, I never had anything I liked about Bush. He seemed like a skeevy doucher.

Obama is a likeable guy, but I completely am against many of the things he has done, and quite frankly displeased by the things he has not done.

I have even tried to put bias aside and forget about the fact that Romney is LDS and be purely neutral to him inspite of that. I'd be voting for him over Obama if he was an atheist.

I met him in 2002 during the Olympics here, when I was a teenager. He struck me as a very gentle person.

My friend's brother served in Massachusetts, and was in Romney's congregational boundaries (we call them a "Ward") and a collection of Wards is called a Stake. Romney was the President of the Stake at the time, presiding over probably 2000+ members. Anyways, my friend's brother said that Romney was a sincerely caring man (as missionaries you have meetings atleast once a week with congregational and auxiliary leaders), one who you would imagine to rise to the Apostleship of the church because he was such a genuine and loving man who worked hard to try and bless the lives of the people he served. Even Al Sharpton warmed up to the mormon church after having met with our Apostles. I have met a few of them and they are amazing guys.

Having met Romney, I got much of the same sense. I've met lots of people in my life, and I can honestly say that I trust him to try and make our country what it should be.

The people ripping him because he's rich and say he's a snobby douche are way off the mark. He may not have ever experienced poverty, but he does feel for people struggling.

I honestly think that if he gets elected, he will polarize a lot of insiders because he will stick to his guns and actually try to do what's best for the country.

Even though I was younger and less informed, I never had anything I liked about Bush. He seemed like a skeevy doucher.

Obama is a likeable guy, but I completely am against many of the things he has done, and quite frankly displeased by the things he has not done.

I have even tried to put bias aside and forget about the fact that Romney is LDS and be purely neutral to him inspite of that. I'd be voting for him over Obama if he was an atheist.

I met him in 2002 during the Olympics here, when I was a teenager. He struck me as a very gentle person.

My friend's brother served in Massachusetts, and was in Romney's congregational boundaries (we call them a "Ward") and a collection of Wards is called a Stake. Romney was the President of the Stake at the time, presiding over probably 2000+ members. Anyways, my friend's brother said that Romney was a sincerely caring man (as missionaries you have meetings atleast once a week with congregational and auxiliary leaders), one who you would imagine to rise to the Apostleship of the church because he was such a genuine and loving man who worked hard to try and bless the lives of the people he served. Even Al Sharpton warmed up to the mormon church after having met with our Apostles. I have met a few of them and they are amazing guys.

Having met Romney, I got much of the same sense. I've met lots of people in my life, and I can honestly say that I trust him to try and make our country what it should be.

The people ripping him because he's rich and say he's a snobby douche are way off the mark. He may not have ever experienced poverty, but he does feel for people struggling.

I agree with you, much has been made of his wealth but he was just as much a community organizer as Obama if not more. I'm an atheist but I appreciate the Mormon charity system, it's efficient and well organized without massive corruption that other systems are known for producing. My ex Melody is Mennonite and they have a service based religion as well, since 2008 she's been to Mexico, Belize and at least three times to Haiti since the 2010 earthquake. She's the medical supplies coordinator for the charity and mission work is her vacation time and in her own words, "I want to help those that desperately need my help."

Last edited:
"Dirt cheap labor" is relative. First, Chinese factory workers are being paid very well. Don't look at what they are paid but look at what they can buy with what they are paid.

maybe this has changed I haven't really looked it up lately but a few years ago the secret was out that chinese workers weren't even getting paid a living wage FOR CHINA java...."for china". Things may have changed a little since then ONLY because of the awful pub american companies were getting because of it.

Ford sells more cars in China than in the United States. For a United States example, making 250k in Toledo Ohio means you are doing very well and probably live in a gated community while looking down on non country club members while in Manhattan that means you're a firefighter and your wife is a teacher.

ok, factcheck time java...so base starting salary of a firefighter in manhattan is 37k ish...after five years you're somewhere in the 70's and with bennies you're just under 100k. So are you saying teachers in New York make 150k bennies included? are you insane?

Secondly, as far as scarcity of resources are concerned, the experts declared the world reached peak oil around 1890, then the late 1940's, then the late 1960's, then the 1970's and the last I heard it was reached in 2006 even though production is at record levels. Oil isn't unlimited and will run out but technology and the free market always finds a way to provide goods and services that are in demand. I don't give a shit about altruism because that is a fools errand with humanity, self-interest will always find a way.

Peak oil is always estimated with the costs of current extraction in mind. So I will absolutely concede that in the near future it may be possible to teleport resources out of their hiding place deep within the earths crust....who the fuck knows. What I do know for a fact is that there is a finite level of these resources, and we're not putting them back into the system at anywhere near the rate we're taking out. All of our current waste won't work it's way back into the natural system for 100's if not millions of years.

Define a "living wage." That's an arbitrary metric. People have been flocking to the factories because THEY consider it a better option.

Top Bottom