Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One SIDE BIGGER than the OTHER

Lililston

Anyone has a part of their body bigger than the other? Like my right side, (including my upper arms, shoulders and back) is bigger, & stronger than my left side... :worried:

I have the same problem...I started lifting my left side for a couple more reps than my right and I also try to concentrate on my left side more but only my left arm is bigger than my right so I dont have as bad a problem as you do so when I do my arm workouts I look at my left side while I'm doing them and try to squeeze that side out more to even it out.

Lilston that isn't abnormal. Most people are not very symmetric. The only thing you can do is train for your stronger side to try and make the weaker side catch up. Sizewise there may always be an imbalance but strength should even out fairly quickly. Do iso movements monolaterally and cheat with your weak side if you have to in order to keep pace with the stronger side. Just don't train to the weak side as it will never catch up and your stronger side will lose strength.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Lililston said:
Anyone has a part of their body bigger than the other? Like my right side, (including my upper arms, shoulders and back) is bigger, & stronger than my left side... :worried:
its probably all perspective, but i feel my left shoulder is bigger than my right, left chest bigger than right, right arm (bi and tri) bigger than left, right leg bigger than left, right lat bigger than left, left calf bigger than right...

either im a freak, or its all perspective..cause everyone i tell that too laughs at me.

myw ay of fixing it is try try and get perfect form, and trap myself into weightlifting indentured servitude, and thinking the only way it will get better is if i keep lifting and it will eventually even out

^^ lol I guess I'm kinda like you cause my left butt cheek is bigger than my right one, and I notice my left forehead(and eyebrow bone if that's what you call it) sticks out a lil more.

my right cheekbone sticks out a bit more than my left, and my ribcage is a bit unaligned.

everyone got their disproportionalities, just try to lift smart and dont worry about the stuff out of your controll

Everyone seems to have one arm or pec or shoulder bigger than the other, the best way to correct it is to use Db's when ever you can, that way each side will literally "pull it's own weight" takes some time, but eventually will do the trick

Top Bottom