Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One Long Workout vs. 2 Short

musclemom

I Told You So ...
EF VIP
I've been wondering this and nobody has been able to give me a definitive answer. Currently I'm doing three sessions a week, they average from 40 to 60 minutes each. I was thinking of breaking this into five sessions a week, same basic exercises, reps, etc., just shorter sessions (mainly to fit them into my day better) spread across more days.

On the surface it seems like it should be the same level of effectiveness, am I correct?

I think I read that it works out to be good but you have to change the intesity. So if youre going to do legs on the same day, do quads then later do hammies and calves.

Or if you were only doing chest, go heavy weight first and later do 8-15 reps

Depends what you're training for, but in most cases I'd say more workouts is better. Shorter workouts allow you to focus more on the exercises performed. After every workout your body releases more good hormones and nutrients are pumped through the muscles (and to the joints) encouraging repair and growth. It's no coincidence that most pro-athletes train at least every day if not multiple times. I'd plan a workout every day and then just miss it if my schedule does not allow or I know I'm over-training.

Top Bottom