EnderJE said:From Here To Eternity
Sparticus <sp?>
Ten Commandments
BTW, the movies are only good back then because only the good ones have surived. All the shitty movies that were made back then have been long forgotten.
nycgirl said:Oh,
Rear Window - Its a Hitchcock flick. One of my favorites.
The Shop Around the Corner - The movie "You've Got Mail" w/ Tom Hanks used the theme.
Shenandoah - Great movie about a family living in Virginia that's against the Civil War.
Those are my Jimmy Stewart movies.
I'm going to cook your liver in an nice chianti and serve it with favre beans.saint808 said:ask wodin. If i am not mistaken he was hitting middle age back in the 40's. I remember his tales of polishing his knob to the likes of clara bow.
Damn. Busted. Just remember IWODIN said:I'm going to cook your liver in an nice chianti and serve it with favre beans.
you.Love ya...mean it.saint808 said:Damn. Busted. Just remember Iyou.
you say that to all the guys... the ones that live through it anyhow.WODIN said:Love ya...mean it.
theoak01 said:whats your favorite? and why?
i just finished watching blue skies with frankie avalon and bing crosby, great movie imo.
movies back in the 40's 50's and 60's are much better then the trash out there today
a movie i really want to see is american graffiti,any reviews?
In Like FlintEnderJE said:The Wild Bunch
The Magnificent Seven
novamanms said:The state of film is so sad right now.
novamanms said:Really?
Care to share what's been so good in film the past 16 yrs?
novamanms said:I'm curious, but you don't have to if you don't want. PM if you want.
Are we talking mainstream film or the indy scene here?
Miller's Crossingstrangebrew said:Here's a few of my favorites:
3-Iron
Adaptation
Almost Famous
Amelie
American Beauty
American History X
Amores Perros
Awakenings
Being John Malkovich
The Big Lebowski
Blue Velvet
Chungking Express
City of God
The City of Lost Children
Down by Law
The Experiment
Fargo
Finding Neverland
Following
Garden State
Glengarry Glen Ross
Goodfellas
Heat
Hotel Rwanda
I'm Not Scared
In America
In the Name of the Father
Infernal Affairs
The Incredibles
The Insider
Kontroll
L.A. Confidential
Life Is Beautiful
Miller's Crossing
The Motorcycle Diaries
Mulholland Drive
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...And Spring
Bleh, got bored, so that's it.
4everhung said:Miller's Crossing
that film got nowhere near the attention it deserved
strangebrew said:Here's a few of my favorites:
3-Iron
Adaptation
Almost Famous
Amelie
American Beauty
American History X
Amores Perros
Awakenings
Being John Malkovich
Bleh, got bored, so that's it.

MuscleMom said:Help me out with Being John Malcovich. I don't know how many times I've watched that movie trying to figure out what the freaking HYPE about it was, it was like Gilliam's Brazil, that's another one I've sat through at LEAST 4 times just trying to figure out WTF.
I just don't see how that can be in the same boat with a movie like Awakenings or GlenGary Glen Ross or Hotel Rwanda or The Incredibles ...
And how could you leave out O' Brother Where Art Thou!!!![]()
This page contains mature content. By continuing, you confirm you are over 18 and agree to our TOS and User Agreement.
Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














