Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oatmeal v. Special K

I have special k with soy milk and 1 equal packet and my blood sugar does not jump up from it.

The soy milk helps a lot because it has no lactose, and only 2.5g grams of sugar for 4 ounces.

Be careful when you buy soy milk, the 'vanillia' flavored versions have as much sugar as regular skim milk. get the 'original' variety which usally have only 5 to 7 grams of sugar per cup. I like the sun-soy brand which has 5g per cup. (so only 2.5g per half-cup with special k).

but to answer your question, special k w/soy milk raises my blood glucose only slightly more than regular original oatmeal (no sugar).

bonapart

oatmeal ingredients = 100% oats (a clean food)
Special K ing: added sugars & preservatives (processed food)

Woah

Stick to oatmeal. Any cereal food other say FiberOne or the like, is complete crap. Cereal is processed up the bunghole. Plus, the milk won't exactly add to your cutting attempts. So eat oatmeal. And eat it with some protein to control the insulin.

What do you think of my word choice?

Special K (and almost all other commercial cereals) is junk food plain and simple.

Top Bottom