Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

nycgirl

pintoca

New member
We need to discuss your experience in Spain, specially your relationship with la tortilla de patatas and la polla... (the later requires a separate thread though)
 
Okay. What do you want to know? I need to create a log and get ready for work, but will answer your questions as soon as I have time.

W/ regard to la polla, you will need to be more specific - Spain, South America, Puerto Rico, The Dominican Republic, Cuba? :qt:
 
nycgirl said:
Okay. What do you want to know? I need to create a log and get ready for work, but will answer your questions as soon as I have time.

W/ regard to la polla, you will need to be more specific - Spain, South America, Puerto Rico, The Dominican Republic, Cuba? :qt:

OMG...

well, just thre regular stuff... how was it, how long you stayed there, your impressions of the Spaniards.

Some of my friends happen to be from Span, it comes naturally when hear somebody speaking the mother-tongue in this barbaric-ridden-god-forsaken place.

The food has no equal, and the people are top-notch...

as for the polla, damn girl, you a collector or something? (South America, does that include Venezuela in your book?)
 
hamstershaver said:
damn pintoca is an e flirter too

clearly. if it walks, he flirts with it.
 
you all need to google "la polla" to understand the reasons behind my questioning... I'm sure there are some good stories to unearth here...
 
pintoca said:
OMG...
well, just thre regular stuff... how was it, how long you stayed there, your impressions of the Spaniards.
Some of my friends happen to be from Span, it comes naturally when hear somebody speaking the mother-tongue in this barbaric-ridden-god-forsaken place.
The food has no equal, and the people are top-notch...
as for the polla, damn girl, you a collector or something? (South America, does that include Venezuela in your book?)

I went there for 2 weeks in H.S. and absolutely fell in love with the country and people. Decided to go back there for a semester in college. I was there for about 4 months. The first two weeks we travelled around Southern Spain in the Anadalucia Region. Learning about the history and enjoying the food. Then I moved in with a family in Madrid (in fact not to far from the station where the bombings occurred). On the weekends we (the class) travelled to other Provinces of Spain. The night life is awesome. The food!!! Tapas is my favorite food. And I can go on and on about the Paella (sp?). It is interesting how a country so small can have so many different influences and lifestyles. The Catalan Region is different then the Basque Region, etc., etc.

The women and men know their roles in society (all feminists please send a PM if you have a problem with what I just said). I went there a tomboy and definitely left as a bud ready to bloom into a lady. Literally, I did a 360. The people are absolutely wonderful and I love their lifestyle. I also slowed down a lot and stopped to enjoy life. There is nothing like spending a 2 hour siesta at a cafe drinking cafe con leche and smoking a cuban cigar. Well, I'm sure there is something to top that - but you get the point. I definitely plan on going back (once I get over my fear of flying). I would love to retire there or at least have a summer home along the Mediterranean Sea.

I hope I answered your questions.
 
NYC girl..you have been to DR, Cuba, and PR????? if so which is your favorite? I went to Puerto Rico and had alot of fun, im thinking about going to DR this year.
 
jestros said:
Did you go to any bullfights?

No. I did go to the running of bulls in this small town (not the big event). This was in a small village and took place during a special festival. I went on a hike and walked past a few that were just hanging out along a road.
 
nycgirl said:
No. I did go to the running of bulls in this small town (not the big event). This was in a small village and took place during a special festival. I went on a hike and walked past a few that were just hanging out along a road.
Last week I read "The Dangerous Summer" by Hemingway. Very good book. It's and account of a summer he spent going around to the fights all over Spain. It definately gives you an apreciation for the art that bullfighting can be, when undiluted.

I have family in Jerez de la Fontera, I guess they're pretty wacky, but I sure would like to visit someday.
 
NJjuice22 said:
NYC girl..you have been to DR, Cuba, and PR????? if so which is your favorite? I went to Puerto Rico and had alot of fun, im thinking about going to DR this year.

Oh, no. I haven't been there. Pintoca is asking about something else. :qt:

I would love to go to Cuba. If the U.S. Govt. doesn't remove the travelling restrictions & sanctions, I will sneak in. I'm losing my patience.

My Mom and Dad loved it. My brother goes almost every year (his wife is Puerto Rican; well he always had a thing for the senoritas - he's been there like 10 times). He loved it. I have yet to go.
 
nycgirl said:
Oh, no. I haven't been there. Pintoca is asking about something else. :qt:

I would love to go to Cuba. If the U.S. Govt. doesn't remove the travelling restrictions & sanctions, I will sneak in. I'm losing my patience.

My Mom and Dad loved it. My brother goes almost every year (his wife is Puerto Rican; well he always had a thing for the senoritas - he's been there like 10 times). He loved it. I have yet to go.


oh ok..now you can only go once every 3 years i think?
 
Top Bottom