Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Now, who was it exactly that said you need to deadlift to get good at deadlifts?

WalkingBeast said:
Maybe its just me, but I felt deadlifts the most in my lower back and also didnt use much legs at all when I did the movement. My arms are also pretty long for my height. No leg soreness the next day at all. Lower back and traps got the most out of deads for me. I also agree that deads arent necessary for hypertrophy though. I couldve got better results with heavy shrugs and hyper extentions most likely. Deads just became an addiction. I didnt get any measurable upper back size from them AT ALL. Waist and most likely traps increased. Thats about it.

What's up beast?

I've seen pics of how you deadlift, your back is very rounded at the bottom, and then you're arched hard and back at the top. Therefore, that makes it a pretty potent lift for the erectors, because you are giving them a moving role (extending the spine). It's arguable whether this is safe or not, but that's irrelevent here. The way you're doing them is actually better for low-back hypertrophy than the locked-back method.

bignate73 said:
the posterior chain is exactly that: calves, hams, glutes, erectors....neck to feet. thats one half the body thats concentrically contracting, if not some isometric. stabilizing as a term doesnt mean that no work is being done. anyone who has done static holds under max load can tell you that. I really beg to differ saying that its a leg exercise with some "stabilizing". this is about as full body as you can get, unless its a power clean or similar OLY move. every muscle is either involved in the movement, or keeping you from collapsing during the movement.

I'm not disagreeing that stabilizing is work, my point is that stabilizers experience less hypertrophy than a muscle acting as a mover.

this is fucking retarded!!!!!!!
who gives a shit..if you want to pull then pull if you dont then dont..simple as that...

to the original question there are 2 schools of thought when training the dead:
1.those that actually do deads plus accessory
2. those that never do full pulls kinda like WSB (suspended GMS" box squats are used to build the dead instead)

it depends on the type of person you are..Jubei is rather new to DL and i would not follow his path merely because eventually he will hit a wall..then without adding more drugs how are you going to get more weight out of your lift..
Tweakle is right no squatting and front squats are a big help for deads..

For me personally i need to pull so that i am in the groove..i notice that when i take even a weeks or two off things do not feel as comfortable..its all about dinding what works for you..

I'm pretty much done with this post. My back is not a stabilizer when deading, it is a prime mover. I question your mechanics when talking of it due to you saying that it is not a back exercise when the article I sited shows that it is. Soreness to me shows that a certain muscle is taxed....that and the blood flow to it.

As for hypertrophy....it is true that you can get legs by leg pressing, leg extensions and hamstring curls.....but do you really think they are going to pack on as much muscle as doing squats? You pretty much prove my point when you argue that deads take the legs and other muscles into account....which means that more muscles are being stimulated.

As far as functional strength, I feel that good mornings are superior to deads in regards to the strength chain. I don't do deads much due to training WSB. I am a decent lifter in deading, but a lot of my back mass/hip and lumbar/trap mass has come from years of bodybuilding due to deads.

I differ with your logic on this.

Debaser said:
What's up beast?

I've seen pics of how you deadlift, your back is very rounded at the bottom, and then you're arched hard and back at the top. Therefore, that makes it a pretty potent lift for the erectors, because you are giving them a moving role (extending the spine). It's arguable whether this is safe or not, but that's irrelevent here. The way you're doing them is actually better for low-back hypertrophy than the locked-back method.

Hey brother!! Good to see you back posting again! That makes alot of sense.
Ultimately I wanted to get video up of my deads (and beast lifts), but that never happened since I injured myself before I had the chance. Now, whenever I try to deadlift I pull something right above my glutes. So I may not be doing them for a very long time, unless it heals. I havent been able to get any answers on what the problem may be. Ive gotten more off the message boards then from any doctors. Im thinking the next step is an MRI, since the Xrays didnt show anything. I also feel pain in my upper spine area as well. The lower back pain is starting to go into my hips and legs now. Right leg mainly. I think I liked deadlifting way too much though. haha I basically made a whole day out of them, once a week for 14 months or longer. Now, looking back, there doesnt seem to be any benefits Ive gained. Im just left with a good deal of back pain/discomfort. It was the addiction of moving all those plates and the adrenaline that kept me doing them. They would often take over my back routine and leave alot less work for the upper back as well. I feel Im getting much better results now without them. I miss the rush though. KEEP KILLING THAT SHIT!!

It sounds like a sciatic nerve problem. Do you use an over/under grip? Do you yank the bar up instead of squeeze it up? A lot of times this can cause torque which can lead to a sc nerve spasm. Alternating heat and ice should rush some blood in and out of the area. Cold shower/hot shower....etc.

A lot of WSB pull with a slightly rounded back. There is more chance for compressive forces to act on the spine that way. Rounding your upperback and arching your lower seems to be a better way to combat this.

i was just going to say overuse! repetitive microtrauma. or like you said, sciatic. stretch the glutes, foam roll them, it makes a world of difference. could also be QL's. I've seen that.

time off! rotate exercises.

i dont actually do romanians, but i can do a lot on them, im not even sure, im pretty sure its above 400 now. i do Sldl's on leg day tho, thats it.

Top Bottom