Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Now taking Yaz

Cutiebaby

the 1 who knows it all
Chairman Member
Hello ladies, I am now taking Yaz and was previously taking Yasmin. I was having massive migraines and feelings like crap during the white pill week which means the hormone adjustment was screwing me all up. So my dr recommended Yaz due to lighter if any period at all. I start the pack tonight and am hoping this helps out a lot.
Are any of you on Yaz or previously taken yaz? I just want some feedback on how great it is and what not...Hell will I gain a lot of weight?
I loved yasmin for the simple fact that I did only gain a little weight which I needed but I never got too big and was never bloated. I wonder what will happen with these new hormones?!?
Thanks girls

i'm not actually on anything right now, which is scary as shit since I get pregnant easily and hubby and I got at it a lot lately.

I'm going back to the doc soon. not sure what to go on since i suck at remembering to take a pill and the patch irritates my skin like mad.

i just got switched to yaz because i was having horrible mood swings i have been on it now for almost a month and everything is going well

stilleto said:
i'm not actually on anything right now, which is scary as shit since I get pregnant easily and hubby and I got at it a lot lately.

I'm going back to the doc soon. not sure what to go on since i suck at remembering to take a pill and the patch irritates my skin like mad.

Have you thought about an IUD? I am considering it, but need to do more research on it. I can't take the pill anymore and the patch makes me feel even more messed up.

silverstar1025 said:
Have you thought about an IUD? I am considering it, but need to do more research on it. I can't take the pill anymore and the patch makes me feel even more messed up.

yeah, i am thinking about it. There's something else i saw on tv that works like it too- i forgot the name but i'm going to ask when i go.
there's no way i want to be 40 and pregnant.

stilleto said:
yeah, i am thinking about it. There's something else i saw on tv that works like it too- i forgot the name but i'm going to ask when i go.
there's no way i want to be 40 and pregnant.

Yeah I hear ya. My problem is I don't do well with hormones since having kids it makes me all off for some reason. I talked to the doctor about the copper non hormonal IUD, but he said that lots of women have HEAVY periods and they last longer. I don't like that. He said the ones with hormones work great though and periods are very light. If you don't mind hormones then that would be good for you. At least it is something you wouldn't have to worry about much as it lasts up to 5 yrs.

I've been on the nuvaring for the past 4 yrs and i love it
never had any problems..i actually lost a few lbs due to the release of hormones
i was taking the pill in the beginning but i used to forget to take it-it was a bitch
this is actually great because you insert it in your vagina for 3 weeks (you'll forget its there) immediately after 21 days you take it out and your menstrual cycle starts
after seven days you'd have to insert a new one
I think its covered by most insurances

Ladies, all bodies react differently..However I had an iud for 2 years. Got massive tennis ball cysts that you could feel right through my abdomen. They were gonna do surgery to remove them however once the iud got removed the hormones stopped and the cysts dissolved..I had heavy periods, felt like shit, etc.
I was going to do the ring as it seems easiest but due to my hormone probs they put me back on the pill. On day one of Yaz and it seems fine to me, I will know more this weekend cause that is usually when I am all out of commission due to the hormone change. Hopefully this will help me.

Birth control pills are like any other medication: what works for one person might not work for the next five.

With that in mind~

I took Yaz for a year after switching from Yasmin. It did exactly what I wanted my pill to do for me... regulated my periods with as few 'hormonal' side effects as possible. Yasmin was ok, but still made me too emotional the week prior to my period. If I were to consider taking the pill again I would go back to Yaz.

Been 1 full week now and I feel good. By passed the typical migraine city without any problems. Tired a bit but also been busy and going to bed later so that might factor in a bit...I have not had any sides so far like others have complained of. Actually very happy with how well my body transitioned.

Top Bottom