Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Noopept...experiences from a long term user

I could do with a good mental boost now. This and huperzine a would be fantastic... especially when on peptides.

Absolutely! I'm ordering some when I get back to work after my vacation. Those 5am wake ups are not friendly. I need the extra brain power. Noopept is a Russian compound. Russians seem advanced in the use of many compounds.

My buddy just started noopept. He has noticed better quality of sleep. I did a google search and found noopept improves sleep and increases dreaming.

I haven't tried the noopept mentioned here but I have used it before and found it to be very helpful. I honestly prefer using Piracetam and Sunifiram together to give myself a cognitive push.

Noopept has it's place however, it can slow the brain down. I only use it if i will be answering questions or needing something to be done perfect. It all depends on the individual. Like the first time i took it, it was great, sure, but as i kept on taking it i felt like i was becoming mentally slower. When i picture something i'm about to do and plan on doing it fast, i do it exactly how i planned it out, but if i was to take noopept now, i would be doing a bunch of things unnecessary in the process which to someone else would seem more professional and dedicated. It's like when you want to wrap a present, you wrap it normally, no one is going to see how accurately you folded the wrapping paper or how precise you stuck the tape on so either side is matched perfectly right? Well on noopept, you will do exactly that, waste valuable time when it's completely unnecessary.

Edit: Iv'e also got another word of advice. Do not take any racetams with your whey protein shake, unless u want to feel braindead. They should be taken first thing in the morning on off days and right before workout on on days. Dosing twice per day for some people is too much for the brain, it doesn't have to do with how mentally strong you are or how much muscle you have. Everyone's body works different and these kind of supplements have the potential to space you out, and they are very good at that if you take too much in 1 day.

Yea the only nootropics I take prior to working out or exercising would be Phenylpiracetam and Oxiracetam. I've never noticed a braindead or groggy feeling after taking nootropics, aside from when I first started taking Aniracetam which made me drowsy the first few weeks of taking it.

Neuroprotective effect of novel cognitive enhancer noopept on AD-related cellular model involves the attenuation of apoptosis and tau hyperphosphorylation.

AuthorsOstrovskaya RU, et al. Show all Journal
J Biomed Sci. 2014 Aug 6;21(1):74. [Epub ahead of print]

Affiliation
Abstract
BackgroundNoopept (N-phenyl-acetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester) was constructed as a dipeptide analog of the standard cognition enhancer, piracetam. Our previous experiments have demonstrated the cognition restoring effect of noopept in several animal models of Alzheimer disease (AD). Noopept was also shown to prevent ionic disbalance, excitotoxicity, free radicals and pro-inflammatory cytokines accumulation, and neurotrophine deficit typical for different kinds of brain damages, including AD. In this study, we investigated the neuroprotective action of noopept on cellular model of AD, Aß25¿35-induced toxicity in PC12 cells and revealed the underlying mechanisms.ResultsThe neuroprotective effect of noopept (added to the medium at 10 ¿M concentration, 72 hours before ¿ß25¿35) was studied on ¿ß25¿35-induced injury (5 ¿M for 24 h) in PC12 cells. The ability of drug to protect the impairments of cell viability, calcium homeostasis, ROS level, mitochondrial function, tau phosphorylation and neurite outgrowth caused by ¿ß25¿35 were evaluated.Following the exposure of PC12 cells to ¿ß25¿35 an increase of the level of ROS, intracellular calcium, and tau phosphorylation at Ser396 were observed; these changes were accompanied by a decrease in cell viability and an increase of apoptosis. Noopept treatment before the amyloid-beta exposure improved PC12 cells viability, reduced the number of early and late apoptotic cells, the levels of intracellular reactive oxygen species and calcium and enhanced the mitochondrial membrane potential. In addition, pretreatment of PC12 cell with noopept significantly attenuated tau hyperphosphorylation at Ser396 and ameliorated the alterations of neurite outgrowth evoked by ¿ß25¿35.ConclusionsTaken together, these data provide evidence that novel cognitive enhancer noopept protects PC12 cell against deleterious actions of Aß through inhibiting the oxidative damage and calcium overload as well as suppressing the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Moreover, neuroprotective properties of noopept likely include its ability to decrease tau phosphorylation and to restore the altered morphology of PC12 cells. Therefore, this nootropic dipeptide is able to positively affect not only common pathogenic pathways but also disease-specific mechanisms underlying Aß-related pathology.

Top Bottom