Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No Hard Core Training Until Sometime in 2004

louden_swain

Things have been absolutely crazy lately!

My priorities have changed. . . . I will not be able to devote much time towards hard core strength training in the next few months. I am in a funky transition stage right now. . . finishing up my grad program, constantly travelling to different states, focusing on landing in employment, and relocating to another residence (strong possibility to another state). These things are taking up way too much time.

I have decided to place hard core training on hold until 2004. . . hopefully I can get established somewhere then start over. This is a hard decision, but I must act upon it. If anything, my body will take a nice long rest. Also, I can spend a few months designing a new battle plan.

Stress has taken its toll. . . losing 13lbs, becoming injured on a frequent basis, staying up late working on research, and going a few hours without proper training fuel is no way to make good gains.

I wish there was something positive to say about training. . .but unfortunately there isn't.

Has anyone ever gone through a period such as this?

I wish you all the best in your training. . . everyone is making excellent progress!

Going through it right now, louden. I can completely relate. It certainly isn't easy. Our circumstances are different but the experience is the same.

I'm just training three times a week, relatively light with progressive resistance and only a few basic compound exercises each full-body workout. I don't EVER want to have to stop training for anything. I'm just doing as much as I can handle right now.

Zander1983 said:
Going through it right now, louden. I can completely relate. It certainly isn't easy. Our circumstances are different but the experience is the same.

I'm just training three times a week, relatively light with progressive resistance and only a few basic compound exercises each full-body workout. I don't EVER want to have to stop training for anything. I'm just doing as much as I can handle right now.

I understand. . at this point I feel that my body is breaking down. . .after 10 years of training I feel beat up. Also, I am starting to face reality.

well.. its a good time do it brotha..with the hoildays comin up and all..but study up brotha...learn some new shit while your resting!! consider it vacation!! tb

Get your life sorted first. You can't train without a place to sleep and money for food :p. Good luck with your ambitions, I'll see you in a few months.

louden_swain said:
Things have been absolutely crazy lately!

My priorities have changed. . . . I will not be able to devote much time towards hard core strength training in the next few months. I am in a funky transition stage right now. . . finishing up my grad program, constantly travelling to different states, focusing on landing in employment, and relocating to another residence (strong possibility to another state). These things are taking up way too much time.

I have decided to place hard core training on hold until 2004. . . hopefully I can get established somewhere then start over. This is a hard decision, but I must act upon it. If anything, my body will take a nice long rest. Also, I can spend a few months designing a new battle plan.

Stress has taken its toll. . . losing 13lbs, becoming injured on a frequent basis, staying up late working on research, and going a few hours without proper training fuel is no way to make good gains.

I wish there was something positive to say about training. . .but unfortunately there isn't.

Has anyone ever gone through a period such as this?

I wish you all the best in your training. . . everyone is making excellent progress!

Hey Louden...I went thru some real rough periods where my training and muscle went to shit. I went from 185 to 150 within a few months of graveshift security, strangely enough I was only doing it so Id have more food money. haha Big mistake. I didnt eat much at all and my workouts went to shit. Not to mention a few other "sicknesses" that hit me real hard and set me way back. Im sure youll get thru it though, and maybe even be in a more conductive environment for your liffting and SWAINING. haha I wish you the best!!

Sorry to hear about that, its pretty hard going without something that youve alwase had, but just remember that you will gain the weight back pretty quickly.

Im going to be starting one of these phases it seems and just as all pr's are going up. but paying for college and other loans is more important I suppose. and going to school for 8 hrs a day coming home to bed then off to work till 3am and starting all over will kill me.

hopefully you get back on track sooner than you thought

Your being mature and forced to make responsible decisions and in light of that your temporarily giving something up you truly love......that in itself reflects character and good judgement, something which will carry over into your training as well as life itself in the long run.

Your doing what you have to do and your being a man about it.

I hope everything works out and one day you will be standing on top of a mountain, barbell in hand and proclaiming in a roar that will be heard for miles " I`M BACK " !!!!!!

Good luck bro....wish you the best :)

I went through that 4 weeks ago, it's best not to train at all, since your just adding more wood to the fire.

Top Bottom