Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NeW StYlE - WuT u ThInK?

Most people over at MN that have tried it absolutely love it. I would def do it on a cycle, it might be a tad much naturally IMO. I know your diet and I think you should add some more calories in if you go through with this approach -- it will prevent overtraining.

why so much work in the smith machine? i would switch that out. instead of doing incline on the smith, do it on an incline bench. same with your front military press. i just dont like the piece of equipment, i dont think it belongs in the gym. that's just my opinion though.
this looks very similiar to German Volume Training (GVT.) i remember reading some stuff on GVT back in the day. and it was saying that if you are going to do this type of training, pick one exercise, do the 10x10. with all the other exercises you have in there, i would be worried that you are gonna run into some overtraining issues. but as we know, everybody's body is different, and maybe you can handle it.
from what i remember (im not gonna bother to look it up right now) but GVT was something like this:

Day 1
Chest/Back

Day2
Legs/Abs

Day 3
Off

Day 4
Arms/Shoulders

Day 5
Off

Repeat, starting at Day 1

The goal of this type of training was to complete 10 sets of 10 with the same amount of weight. General rule of thumb was to take 60% of your 1rm. And you are only supposed to do 1 exercise per body part, which should be a compound movement, as opposed to an isolation movement.
I think i also remember reading that this type of routine is only reccommended for a 4 week period, and then you should switch to something else.

wnt2bBeast said:
ive heard of gvt before but i thought there was no accessory exercises after 10x10?? im guessing??

you are right. with the GVT, there is no accessory work. its just the one exercise for the 10x10. then that's it.

Yeah, this is more volume............but the dude who posted it has some pretty friggn impressive results from it.........hey, what's better for someone with lower chronic back pain? Very light full atf squats, moderately heavy leg press, or heavy half squats? Better meaning, more benefitial........

Illuminati said:
why so much work in the smith machine? i would switch that out. instead of doing incline on the smith, do it on an incline bench. same with your front military press. i just dont like the piece of equipment, i dont think it belongs in the gym. that's just my opinion though.

I agree. I would replace the machine work with DB or BB exercises.

No offense man (I know we've had arguments in the past), but you seem to thrive on constantly making up all kinds of routines...just at random. I don't really see any basis for much of it.

Rather than continuing to try these routines that look like they came out of FLEX, why not try something that's higher frequency and established a bit more, like Madcow's 5x5 or HST?

Debaser said:
No offense man (I know we've had arguments in the past), but you seem to thrive on constantly making up all kinds of routines...just at random. I don't really see any basis for much of it.

Rather than continuing to try these routines that look like they came out of FLEX, why not try something that's higher frequency and established a bit more, like Madcow's 5x5 or HST?

Thanks for brightening up my thread.......Debaser - I dont make up these routines, I wish I could make the claim, but I can't. This routine was posted by a guy before attaining his pro card and I thought it looked interesting. Wanted to get the views of others, tis all.....just experimenting. I've tried 5x5 and loved it. Tired high volume, low volume, MAXOT, all with decent results. HST and WSB are the only two Ive yet to try, mainly because I like to get in the gym a minimum of 5 days.......just my preference. Until then, I guess youll have to keep "being bothered" by my worthless threads......OR, you could just ignore them....... :worried:

Top Bottom