Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New powerlifter needs help!!!

Grantsdu

OK,
I'm 21, weigh around 135 and I'm entering a NASA powerlifting meet at the end of March in Lexington KY. I have never powerlifted at all. I have been mainly lifting to build up my little frame. I talked to some guys over the internet who are in charge of it but I'm still not sure on everything. How long of a pause will there be between lifting and pressing the weight? Also, should I lift the week before the neet and if so how much and how( high or low reps). I got some info from last years meet and in the PURE NOVICE division(the on I think I'm going to enter in) for my weight class the winning weight was 237. I have done as much as 265 pause, but like I say, I'm not 100% sure I did it right. Any tips would be a great help!!!!

That 237 might be in Kilograms but i'm not sure. Don't lift the week before the meet and the pause will vary. count one- thousand-one and thats about average i think. You need to start lifting lower reps higher weights if you want to powerlift.

I was told by the president of NASA that that was in pounds. I look on the internet and I saw some lifts up around 300 so I don't know if I have a chance now or not. I thought for sure I could win it but now I don'w know if I can. I guess if I place in my first ever meet I won't have anything to gripe about!! I guess I will find out in a month.

I know your going out there to win...but that shouldn't be the only reason for doing the meet. I have a meet coming up in march also...and I know that I won't be the strongest in my class. I'm competing for myself...I want to see how well I can do in a competition atmosphere. Plus it gives me an awesome reason to bust ass in the gym....and push harder every week. There will always be someone bigger and stronger than you.

train hard and kick ass

Is this a meet for all 3 lifts or just bench b/c you only mentioned bench man for a 135 pounder I think a 265 pause is great, but if this is your first meet then just go out there to have fun. In about 4 or 5 months most likely with westside training if your doing it you will take that 300 record and slam it. Good luck train hard and smart.

Top Bottom