Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Here

keninamanda

Hello,

I want to work out and get in shape, but I'm not always motivated. I go to the gym alone (well with my boyfriend, but we do separate workouts). How do you find the motivation to keep going?

Amanda

Welcome to Ef......I can only say for me that I pick races that I want to compete in and train for them. It keeps me motivated knowing I have a time frame to reach my full potential....

To be honest, it is just something you have to do. Once you get into the habit of going, it gets easier, but starting off you just have to suck it up and go.

Setting small goals helps, along the lines as what GG said. If you are interested in running or biking, find races in your area. If you want to lose weight, set small goals and reward yourself when you reach them, have a "competition" with a friend for number of workouts, pounds lost, etc etc etc ....

Thanks for the advice. Is there somewhere on this site where I can meet people in my area? I just moved to MN and don't know anyone besides my boyfriends family.

Hello and Welcome :)

The gym is a good place to meet people.

Have you ever thought about training with your boyfriend?

That works really well for some couples, and I think that men and women can weight train in exactly the same way.

Try taking a cardio kickboxing class if your gym offers it.
That is where you will find most of the women.
It is a great place to meet people.
Best of luck!

Hi... Well the gym we go to is very small. It's called snap fitness. Only weight machines. Not many people are there. Maybe 2 or 3 people at a time. Not really the best place to meet people. We can't afford to pay to go to a bigger gym yet.

Well Ken never does Cardio. He only does the weight machines. I think I need to do a lot of cardio.

Any other ideas?

Amanda

It is hard to get motivated when first jumping back into it. Myself it becomes much easier once it has become a way of life again and you are addicted to it. I had trouble getting back on track so I joined a fitness boot camp. I needed the push!

I think once you jump back in and get a routine it becomes addicting, especially once you start to see results.

I listen to music alot, especially during cardio and then keeps me really going.
Set yourself some goals so you have something to strive for and go for it!!

keninamanda said:
Hi... Well the gym we go to is very small. It's called snap fitness. Only weight machines. Not many people are there. Maybe 2 or 3 people at a time. Not really the best place to meet people. We can't afford to pay to go to a bigger gym yet.

Well Ken never does Cardio. He only does the weight machines. I think I need to do a lot of cardio.

Any other ideas?

Amanda

Right, cardio - the exercise you do getting from one machine to the next ;)

Anyway, I went to a gym like that for a while - but it was one of the larger places in the area at that time. Motivation is something that you've got to have from within, not something that has to come from somewhere outside. Think about your own goals and keep an eye out for the progress you're making - that always keeps me going.

Top Bottom