Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

negative calories?

fatpimp

I once read somewhere that there are certain foods, like celery, that take more calories to digest than the energy that they provide. How true is this statement?

Very True, especially with celery. If you need a quick late night snack to ease a craving and you have taken in all your protein and calories for the day. Eat celery.

not that i would do this, but... if thats true, then say on a diet where i restrict my cals to 2000, and I eat around 2000 calories worth of celery does that mean i shouldnt eat anything else that day?

and... what other foods have "negative calories?"

celery
cucumber
lettuce (w/o seasoning :D )

fatpimp said:
not that i would do this, but... if thats true, then say on a diet where i restrict my cals to 2000, and I eat around 2000 calories worth of celery does that mean i shouldnt eat anything else that day?

and... what other foods have "negative calories?"

I'de LOVE to see one person eat 2000c of celery a day.

I am always snacking on plain celery between meals to ease the cravings for a crunchy snack. The other day this snackwells/fatfree everything eatin chick(whos physique hasn't changed in the past four years) at work told me you know that you need like to eat more than celery if you want to keep getting bigger..........no shit, really, damn well that is my main source of protein, have I been mislead? Some people's ignorance amazes me.
PHR

PowerhouseR said:
this snackwells/fatfree everything eatin chick(whos physique hasn't changed in the past four years)

lol I know lots of those.

I've heard of "negative calorie" foods before but I always thought it was bs. So technically if I eat only celery and cucumbers I could starve to death?

Metro Girl said:

I've heard of "negative calorie" foods before but I always thought it was bs. So technically if I eat only celery and cucumbers I could starve to death?

yes you will :(

not because of negative calories but because you need proteins and fats to live and a minimum of calories

Top Bottom