Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some info regarding breastfeeding and calories expended...

Mr. Black

I am trying to help out my sister devise a clean "cutting" diet as just had a baby 7 weeks ago. However, we obviously don't want to cut calories too low. I have no idea what a typical woman burns calorie wise by breastfeeding so if anyone has some info or possible diet ideas for a nursing mama it would be greatly appreciated. She is 28, 5'9 and currently 140lbs.Thanks

When I was breastfeeding I was told it takes about 500 extra calories a day. Wish her luck! It's a great choice, if she eats well. It's good for the baby (if she's eating well & staying away from nasty chemicals), and it really helped burn off the baby fat for me, though I know that some women have difficulty losing that last five pounds or so while they're still lactating. (I guess the body does its best to hang on to a little reserve to make sure it can keep making milk.)

What my doctor told me was to follow the Canadian Food Guide, and you only need to intake and extra 500-800 calories a day, depending on your level of activity...

Also if she is excersizing she may want to nurse before she works out, I've heard some babies don't like the taste of the milk after working out.

Top Bottom