Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some help with traps

Hmmm...maybe I should alternate with the BB and DB Shrugs..I have had good luck with the BB shrugs when I did the 1-2 hold at the top of each rep...

Thanks for the suggestions guys..I hit everyone I could with some karma..

wnt2bBeast said:
deads are great.. i also prefer bb shrugs..just make sure youve got good form..you see alot of people load the bar and their shoulder roll forward..

Good point! most people dont catch that. :)

Did the uprights tonight with shoulders...felt them in the traps very much!! Kind of uncomfortable on the wrists though..

Might use DBs for these next time...or use a wider grip

InTraining said:
Thanks Beast!! Probably 4 sets of the rack deadlifts 3 sets of the upright rows when I work shoulders and 2-3 sets of DB shrugs after the rack deads:)

Sounds good brother!! This is just me, but Id concentrate fully on shrugs (BB or DB) if you really want to bring up the traps. Depends how much of a focus they are for you. Also, just my personal experience with the movements. My traps were the quickest things to grow for whatever reason.

jcp2 said:
no one ever suggests power shrugs, most people will not build impressive traps using some isolated shrug movement.

Ive heard of these before. What are power shrugs? Sound very interesting. ThanX!!

WalkingBeast said:
Sounds good brother!! This is just me, but Id concentrate fully on shrugs (BB or DB) if you really want to bring up the traps. Depends how much of a focus they are for you. Also, just my personal experience with the movements. My traps were the quickest things to grow for whatever reason.

I agree....the uprights are just something I do for shoulders but they still emphasize the traps a little bit..

A plan on doing some rack deads followed by barbell shrugs in my next back workout :chomp: :chomp:

Top Bottom