Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some help please

muscledog95

The other day me and a friend of mine got in a debate. Hes just starting out with weight lifting. His goal is to get lean and yet be strong. What he wants to do is rows,bench and run (treadmill and on ground). My advice to him was to do squats in stead of run for the legs and do bike for cardio. He insists that his plan is good.Hes wanting to this twice a week and thinks that it will get him there. What do you all think?

thanks

You know i've encountered the same type of people before in the past. I try to give them some good advice and they totally ignore it. They usually get frustrated from their lack of progress and eventually ask me again what I suggested for them. Sometimes you just have to let those people make their own mistakes so they can learn on their own. All you can do is hope that they realize that they were wrong.

muscledog95 said:
Whats wrong is that he thinks that running on a treadmill is gonna make his legs stronger.

Common misconception for newbies. I see and hear it all the time. If i had a dollar for everytime i've heard that I could of bought a new truck

Eh, not necessarily. If he's going from a completely sedentary lifestyle to running say three times a week, his legs will get stronger. Not a whole hell of a lot, but they will get stronger.

I say if he's looking to do this as opposed to sitting on the couch, let him do it.

Top Bottom