Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need new routine

dbstrong

Ive been doing the 5x5 workout basically workout a
Squats
Benchpress
Row
Pushups till failure

Workout b
Squats
Military press
Deadlifts
Pullups till failure

While i love the strength ive gained , im adding size but not much defined muscle. The 5x5 workout is good because of time ,i dont have alot to spend working out but i wanna add some solid more defined muscle. Can i do the same workout but with lower weight for more reps ? Will that be enough? And will doing lower weight more reps cause strength loss? Any reccommendations on an effective program without adding gym time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EliteFitness

Do dips instead of pushups til failure! Definition is more diet related above anything else! The training is obviously working stick to it until it doesn´t build any size or strength! Hope this helps

Yes, always change your rep range and exercises. Definition comes from low body-fat, so build muscle until you're satisfied then focus on fat loss and muscle maintenance.

Alright so for 3 months ive been doing the above 5x5 workout , i went up about 5lbs every week consistantly now it seems as if i hit a wall. What excercises should i change to?

Just get a book that has plenty of exercises in it or look them up online. For example, for chest do flys and chest dips at 8-12 reps for two weeks, then bench press and pushups at 8-12 reps for two weeks then drop back down to 4-6 reps and repeat the month of those exercises at that rep range. This will help prevent plateaus. For definition do the same thing but maintain a caloric deficit.

Right on. Guess its routine change time. Thanks for the tips. Crappy part is with family obligations (kids) no time to make it to a gym. So all has to be done off a standard bench. trying to maximize results on minimum equipment is the challenge

Alright so for 3 months ive been doing the above 5x5 workout , i went up about 5lbs every week consistantly now it seems as if i hit a wall. What excercises should i change to?

Change them all, change your reps. Your body needs a shock. Scrap the 5X5 do something else. Change, change, change is your way to more growth.

Top Bottom