Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help quick!!! (need to know if this is high or low glycemic)...

Pityocamptes

I have some protein powder and am wondering if it is low or high glycemic. It shows part of the ingredients as being fructose with a total carbohydrate count of 18g per serving and a sugar content of 17g per serving. Almost out and on the way to the store to buy more if its too high what figuers should I be looking at for a low glycemic protein drink? Thanks!

Fructose is a low-glycemic carb.
Look for a protein powder that uses artificial sweeteners, so that way you don't have to worry about the glycemic count for a certain carb.

actually.....Fructose is a low gly carb if you eat fruit. This is because fruit does not just have fructose but fiber and other things to slow the digestion down. But if fructose is manufactured .............it is actually higher than sucrose
if you don't believe me....just read Body Rx...........from Met-RX

KJ

It might rank a 20 on the GI.........but the Index only works for whole foods! I could be wrong but Dr. Connelly from Met-Rx makes a big deal about fructose and the GI.

KJ

protein + fuctose ?

I would say moderate to low GI

The Glycemic Index shows fructose as 20. This is refined fructose, not fruit. Also, if you look at apples and oranges you see that they have low GI's also.

Fructose critics are not arguing over its GI, but its propensity to be converted to triglycerides and its effects on insulin sensitivity.

The addition of proteins to the mix will affect the insulinogenic nature of the meal. Whey protein tends to be fairly insulinogenic probably due to its rapid absorption and high BCAA content.

cockdezl is right...i'm wrong

I went back and read what Dr. Connelly from Met-Rx said.
Cocksezl is 100% right. I was wrong. Please forgive me pityocamptes and eveyone else who read. I should hvd known better than that. But all in all I would still stay away if fructose is one of the first on the list.

sorry

KJ

Top Bottom