Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help increasing squat

vinylgroover

I have been stuck at or around 245 for some time now and can't break out. My other lifts are still increasing but not squats.

Aside from juicing, lol which i won't do, what can i do.

What other exercises are useful as accessories to building up the squat.

Should i mix up my reps..........does high rep work contribute to building up squat numbers?

I used to have a great squat and can't get my numbers back up. I used to lift 270 for reps at a lighter bodyweight than i am now.......i don't know what's happening.

What kind of assistance exercises do you do for your squatting muscles?

My squat stalled for a long time, then I started training the crap out of my hamstrings and lower back with good mornings, stiff legged deadlifts, hyperextensions, etc.

Hit those exercises hard, train your abs hard, and your squat should go up.

I train legs once a week........leg extension, squats, leg presses, hamstring curls, lunges (occasionally). I go deep on my squats when i do them.

I just started zercher squats, but my arms give out before my legs do and this prevents me from maxing on zerchers.

The only accessory work i do is regular deadlifts, but i do them on my back day.

I just do 3 sets of crunches 3 times a week for abs.

I probably need to do more hamstring work.

My glutes are naturally quite small too.

Bump for more suggestions.

Beachbum1546 said:
what kind of rep range are you using? is squats first in your leg day? where is leg day in your routine?

My set progression is 12,10,6,5,5. I do squats straight after a light warm-up on leg extensions.

I train Monday Wednesday saturday. Legs is saturday. Back and shoulders are wednesday

vinylgroover said:
leg extension, squats, leg presses, hamstring curls, lunges (occasionally).

You could do a lot better than that.

Lunges are ok, but ditch the leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses in favor of good mornings, front squats, SLDL, hypers, glute-ham raises like I said earlier.

Consider adding some of these exercises on a 2nd leg day as well and I guarantee your squat will go up.

Cuthbert said:
You could do a lot better than that.

Lunges are ok, but ditch the leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses in favor of good mornings, front squats, SLDL, hypers, glute-ham raises like I said earlier.

Consider adding some of these exercises on a 2nd leg day as well and I guarantee your squat will go up.

good mornings and hypers on leg day cuthbert?

I am already bdoing regular deadlifts cuthbert.......adding all those is a helluva lot of lower back work, which i'm not afraid of, but isn't it very stressfull on the lower back?

Top Bottom