Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Need help choosing a new portable music player

seizer

New member
I owned a Sony Hi-MD player until it broke two weeks ago...and now I need a new player. I was thinkin ipod, but nah, too weak, too frail. I want space (gb), but not something that will break if I drop it once...so, as far as I can say, Hard-drive based players are out. Although, this sony hardrive player I saw look pretty good as well as this iriver h10.

Flash-based doesnt hold enough music. Period.

Minidisc seems like the best medium, but for the cost of a decent player, its seems a little ridiculous. I'm not cheapin out on this upcoming purchase because I listen to music about 10 hours a day, but I dont really care to spend 400+ dollars.

Microdrives seem Okay. Same deal as larger hard drive players, but smaller. I really like this one I saw called, "rio carbon"...anyone ever heard of this?

Anyways, obviously I'm being very critical with every medium, but I just cant choose what will be the best.

Btw, I drop my players quite abit, and cd players are like pyramids to me.
 
70001028.jpg
 
ceasar989 said:
I owned a Sony Hi-MD player until it broke two weeks ago...and now I need a new player. I was thinkin ipod, but nah, too weak, too frail. I want space (gb), but not something that will break if I drop it once...so, as far as I can say, Hard-drive based players are out. Although, this sony hardrive player I saw look pretty good as well as this iriver h10.

Flash-based doesnt hold enough music. Period.

Minidisc seems like the best medium, but for the cost of a decent player, its seems a little ridiculous. I'm not cheapin out on this upcoming purchase because I listen to music about 10 hours a day, but I dont really care to spend 400+ dollars.

Microdrives seem Okay. Same deal as larger hard drive players, but smaller. I really like this one I saw called, "rio carbon"...anyone ever heard of this?

Anyways, obviously I'm being very critical with every medium, but I just cant choose what will be the best.

Btw, I drop my players quite abit, and cd players are like pyramids to me.

iPods are weak? Dude I doubt you have more than 15-20 gigs of music... I've barely dented my memory and I got 2,200 songs
 
This is another situation where a hooker could come in handy. You could give her a harmonica or something.
 
Cata1yst said:
iPods are weak? Dude I doubt you have more than 15-20 gigs of music... I've barely dented my memory and I got 2,200 songs

When I say they are weak, I mean physically. I drop my music players all the time. That little white thing would be busted to shit after a week with me.
 
ceasar989 said:
I owned a Sony Hi-MD player until it broke two weeks ago...and now I need a new player. I was thinkin ipod, but nah, too weak, too frail. I want space (gb), but not something that will break if I drop it once...so, as far as I can say, Hard-drive based players are out. Although, this sony hardrive player I saw look pretty good as well as this iriver h10.

Flash-based doesnt hold enough music. Period.

Minidisc seems like the best medium, but for the cost of a decent player, its seems a little ridiculous. I'm not cheapin out on this upcoming purchase because I listen to music about 10 hours a day, but I dont really care to spend 400+ dollars.

Microdrives seem Okay. Same deal as larger hard drive players, but smaller. I really like this one I saw called, "rio carbon"...anyone ever heard of this?

Anyways, obviously I'm being very critical with every medium, but I just cant choose what will be the best.

Btw, I drop my players quite abit, and cd players are like pyramids to me.
ipod for sure

http://www.applelinks.com/news/gifs/Showcase&iPod_Open.gif
thats the case i have for mine, except in black. it can hold the 20, 40, or color ipod. i drop my shit all the time, use it in the gym bang it with weights...when i take my ipod out of the case theres not a scratch on it
 
I would definitely buy the sony hd5 player over an ipod any day if I were to buy a hard drive player.
 
Dunk Corleone said:
nah man. love the thing.

Be honest though, if you had to name a couple things that make it bad, what would those things be. I just ask because I wanna make sure I buy a product that I've researched well.
 
ceasar989 said:
I love everything about them except their physical strength (the actual drive).

i hear ya. im just telling you as somoene who plays the thing all day on PC speakers at my desk at work. and then the gym after work.

the battery never dies on me. ever!

i can go days while playing it all day.
 
Dunk Corleone said:
i hear ya. im just telling you as somoene who plays the thing all day on PC speakers at my desk at work. and then the gym after work.

the battery never dies on me. ever!

i can go days while playing it all day.

Alright, thanks for the help bro. Sent ya K.
 
Top Bottom