Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need and exercise for my hips and butt

tan27

I'm a newbie to this sight and to working out. I have been going to the gym for about six months. I am just now starting to see the difference in my arms and legs. I need some serious help with my hips, inner thighs and butt!!!

I am 5 feet 9 inches tall weigh about 160 pounds

Here are my measuremets

43 (hips are huge)

Any suggestions about diet would help also.

Welcome:) Best exercises for legs....SQUATS!!!! Leg extensions, leg curls, lunges, deadlifts, leg press.....Nothing fancy...As far as diet a good clean diet...could you post what you are eating now?? 5-6 meals a day...1-1.5 grams of protein per lb....1-1.5 gallons of water a day...good complex carbs..no processed foods..OR junk foods. Things like chicken, turkey breasts, tuna, egg whites, lean red meat, whey protein etc.....carbs like sweet potatos, rice, oatmeal and your veggies!! 1-2 tbsp of flax oil, olive oil or natural peanutbutter. Are you looking to lose bf%?? or put on mass?? Diet will vary depending on your goals.

My diet

I am trying to lose my butt and hips.

My daily diet consists of:

Breakfast Lowfat yogurt, an apple and orange

I have a snack of pretzels or goldfish mid morning

Lunch I have a salad (ceasar salad) or two hamburger patties

Dinner It could either be steak, chicken, porkshops or salmon accompanied with some type of vegetable.

Ok you are not eating enough food I can tell you that...Im 5'10 and I would die on this diet...you need more food...Cut out the yogurt, apple and orange for breakfast..try some egg whites or a 4-6 oz piece of chicken....1/2 cup of oatmeal. No more pretzels or goldfish!!! You need a source of protein w/ each meal...5-6 small meals a day. Your body doesnt need pretzels or goldfish. You are taking in way to many carbs and they are not good carb sources. Do not buy or eat low-fat or fat-free foods...they are the worst! Try some tuna for a snack, or a salad w/ chicken...your dinner looks ok..you just need it more often in your day. You are starving your body..not enough calories!!! This actually slows down your metabolism!! You need to eat more to boost your metabolism and fuel your body. Your goal should be to change your diet and focus on some heavy intense weight training!!!

tan27 --

Just another note related to the frustration of lower body fat on women -- Hello my name is Sassy. I'm a German/Swede from N. Minnesota. Apparently I come from good German breeding stock ( I think I was built for working in the fields and bearing children == BIG HIPS). Worse yet, I work in an office (read: chair butt) and have a cat (read: can't blame my extra bodyfat on having kids). LMAO!

The point I'm trying to get to is that women are already prone to "diet resistant fat" in those areas, thanks to the natural purpose of estrogen -- provide body fat to protect the child bearing process by depositing extra fat around hips, lower abdomen, etc. In general you can't spot reduce body fat, though you can work to tight up those areas with wonderful things like squats, etc.. Dieting and cardio will help reduce overall bodyfat, but the areas where there tends to be more fat cells will be the last to appear to make headway. I competed last summer in a bb competition - dieted, trained, cardio for 16 weeks - got my upper body nice and decently ripped for a novice, but the ol' caboose just barely came in the day of the show. So you can expect to see great results in your upper body, but the lower part will not show results as quickly. But it is still going! So dont' let any of that frustrate you -- just keep focusing on making progress, tighten up your diet and hit it hard! You WILL see results!

Good luck!

Top Bottom