Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Advice On Ab Work

Hangfire

Is it Ok to use resistance when doing abdominals? I find that the time that it takes to get to muscular exhaustion w/o resistance is, well, boring.

I reason that it is more efficient to use weight to reach failure more quickly, the same principle as using heavy weights and low reps for lifts.

Obviously, though, the objective is to make the waist smaller, not larger. Any help appreciated.

i know there are probably many varying opinions on this topic, but from my experience (and a little knowledge of the muscles in the abdominal area) i would recommend working trying to hit the transverse abs if you are to stay/obtain a slim look... the transverse is a difficult muscle to hit, but its main job is to pull in the rectus abs (and the two work together to stabalize your torso)...

to do this you'd do hanging ab work...

just remember, abs, like all muscles, will eventually grow if you train them heavy... and of course, great abs can't be seen without proper diet/cardio

Hit em w/ weights. There shape is genetic.

There just like any other muscle.

The reason I believe people are afraid of getting bulky abs by doing weights is well. Because weights make the abs grow.

Only other difference in how they look is diet and cardio.

Basically well you want slender abs, diet+cardio plus minamal ab work (a.k.a. high rep work), because really what you want are smaller abs.

I don't want my arms to have big bulky look. I could do a billion 10IB reps. But yeah they arn't going to get bulking because I'm not really inducing much growth to begin with.

If u use weights, make sure u make very slow strict squeezing reps, otherwise they tend to get unrefined lumbs that stick out before your chest....

I have been there, nowadays my abs are more refined, starting with bodyweight only exercises (hanging leg raises my fav) and finishing with some crunch machine or cable crunches....

Top Bottom