Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My reason against abortion

Funny thing is I never believed in it and never was a party to it. I also would never try to appease my conscience with the statement I don't believe in this but do it any way. I can't believe how plastic some people can be.

Regarding the first paragraph........you really think that anybody finds that decision easy?? I have known several people who have at least considered abortion for one reason or another.......and it wasn't an easy decision.

Paragraph 3: Whether it is alive or not is not the issue. Whether it is concious or not is another........is it a human in its own right or a piece of meat? Also, babies have a reflex action that makes them grip things. This does not make them concious........it just means that they have a simple nervous system (which does not imply that the baby / fetus is thinking).

Am I for or against abortion?? It depends upon the circumstances. Big questions rarely have simple answers........

chesty said:
How easy it would be for the parents to say doc, just kill it, it has a disease and won't live anyway so just kill it for us and will try again.

But no, the parents realized that this is a human life and a human life that is so defenseless is worth saving. Just think of the possibilities a single life can bring. It staggers the mind.

But abortionists would have you believe that what you are looking at is not a life. Oh they will rationlize that this is the second trimester and it is not a fetus any longer, etc. But you know what? That was always a human in that womb!

I dare a single person to read that story and look at that picture and tell me that abortion is the answer at any stage of pregnancey.

I hope not one person can look at this picture and not cry. If you can honestly say that it does not move you then you are not human.

http://www.michaelclancy.com/

chesty said:
Nope! and being anti war has nothing to do with anti abortion. People who try to take away my freedoms, kill my friends, invade my country, threaten/kill my allies will be dealt with swiftly and severely.

In fact, fighting for the country as a Marine is precisely why I am against abortion. Everyone has the right to life in this country. And those that would deprive us of that will they themselves be deprived of it.

cha-ching!

The use of horrific images to dissuade people from their position is classic.

For example this image of children fleeing the napalming of their village turned American opinion against the Vietnam conflict:

nam.jpg

The US government would not allow camera crews in Iraq during Gulf War I for the same reason. Instead we were given bloodless accounts of the conflict by Powell and friends.

I am fairly confident that an image of children mutilated and killed by American bombs in Iraq would produce a more horrified response than the image of a fetal hand.

Shall I post some?

Making abortion illegal won't end abortion. It will just make it harder for women to get the proper medical attention they'd need.

Just like making steroids illegal didn't stop us from using steroids. It just made it harder for us to get legit, safe gear.

Delinquent said:
Let me tell you a story about my experience. A different one than the one on the other thread. I used a condom the first time but the little shit got through. Now if we would have gone through with the pregnancy our lives would have been ruined. 2 16 year olds shouldn't have to have that kind of responsibility. Of course you'll say then put it up for adoption. Do you know how many kids are in foster care or orphanages (sp?) in Florida?? Even worse how many kids in the system aren't even accounted for? The number was in the thousands. Instead of ending something in the 1 trimester I might add, we go through the motions. Spend all kinds of money neither of our families could afford. Then have us go through the anguish of having to give our baby away to possibly never receive the kind of love a child deserves. Now lets fast foward a few years. We broke up but she ended up getting prego a year later and had the baby. She's now caring for a kid without the father b/c he ran off. Teaching drama somehow b/c she never even went to school for a degree so I don't know how she's teaching. She had the potential to go far in the acting biz. She was excepted to UCLA and NYU for drama but couldn't go b/c of the responsibilities she had. So now she's working a 20k job trying to feed a kid without a father. Now me on the other hand, I am engaged with a house with 3 dogs and doing ok for a 23 year old. I may have some financial probs but that's due to our irresponsibility. If my ex and I would have had the kid, I would have never met the girl I'm with now, either stuck in a relationship with my ex b/c of the kid or having to pay child support. I would probably still be living with my parents b/c of the child support so essentially having a kid is not a fucking option at 16.

Heres a few pieces of advice:
1. Condoms arent 100% and you know it.
2. 16 year olds shouldnt be fucking in the first place. You just proved that.
3. Ending a pregnancy because of possible foster care or orphanages is not justified. I know many good foster parents and orphages can be temporary for a child that then is adopted out.
4. There is just as much anguish in ending the pregnancy than giving away the child, but as a coupole of 16 year olds you dont have the fortitude to go through with the right actions Thats why I stated #2 above.
5. College is not the be all end all of the world, as you are finding out. Getting a degree is not worth a lot if you make the wrong choices in life otherwise. (ex. Enron execs.) If your ex had a degree in the situation she is in now would it make that much of a difference? After all, she apparently didnt learn from her first mistake she had with you.
6. Stop being so selfish. Your whole post is saying "me me me".

Im pro choice, and sorry that pic did nothing for me. Its a grasping reflex adapted through evolution. its present at birth so the baby can hang onto the mother when its picked up. It goes away after the first year of life. Theres many such reflexes, if you (god forbid) drop a baby it will flayal its arms and legs to the side and arch is back to spread out the impact of landing. If someone doesnt want a baby I think the responsible thing to do is have an abortion. Why bring a baby into the world you dont want, the likely hood of abuse raises dramatically. Whats worse? Abuse of a living human being over years or termination of a pregnancy? Adoption is also an option but if the baby is sickly not many people are likely to adopt it and then its stuck with no one, in an orphanage in typically poor conditions.

superdave said:

Heres a few pieces of advice:
1. Condoms arent 100% and you know it.
2. 16 year olds shouldnt be fucking in the first place. You just proved that.
3. Ending a pregnancy because of possible foster care or orphanages is not justified. I know many good foster parents and orphages can be temporary for a child that then is adopted out.
4. There is just as much anguish in ending the pregnancy than giving away the child, but as a coupole of 16 year olds you dont have the fortitude to go through with the right actions Thats why I stated #2 above.
5. College is not the be all end all of the world, as you are finding out. Getting a degree is not worth a lot if you make the wrong choices in life otherwise. (ex. Enron execs.) If your ex had a degree in the situation she is in now would it make that much of a difference? After all, she apparently didnt learn from her first mistake she had with you.
6. Stop being so selfish. Your whole post is saying "me me me".

Um yea it was supposed to be about me me me. I guess we can agree to disagree then b/c the way I look at it, I am the most important thing in my life. If something is gonna fuck up my plans, I'll do anything for it not to happen. In this case, the money I earn would be going to support a fucking runt I didn't even want instead of on me. I don't give a shit about flushing some stupid fucking runt down the tube. It's better than the alternative for me and remember it's all about me me me.

slobberknocker said:
Making abortion illegal won't end abortion. It will just make it harder for women to get the proper medical attention they'd need.
Damn straight. I have worked with the "old timers" and believe me, the stories they tell me of women coming in with septic abortions make even my skin crawl. Try reading (not watching) "Ciderhouse Rules," it has a wonderfully accurate and revolting description of what a septic abortion is like and its effects.

Top Bottom