Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My first speed-dating experience

Forge

Last night I went to my first speed-dating (or pre-dating) event, and I have to say I had a hell of a good time. There were 16 men and 16 women at this one, and we had 6 minutes to talk to each other. The women sat while the men moved from table to table.

I got there early, the meeting place was a bar in a nice restaurant / hotel. The age range was 29-42, and most of the people were towards the upper range (myself being 32). Most had done this before somewhere, I was one of the few first timers. Out of the 16 women there were only 4 that I wouldn't mind seeing again, I was kinda hoping for a better turnout. I think alot of the people were nervous, some had notes of things to ask and such, I pretty much just went in there and winged it. Talking isn't really much of a problem for me. Whatever I did worked, as alot of the women wanted to talk to me more afterwards. Apparently I made a better impression than most of the guys. :D

Not that it was too hard, a few guys looked like they came straight from a Star Trek convention. This one guy constantly tried to hit on all of the women, to the point of just being annoying. Another guy had a serious lying problem, I found out afterwards from the women that he told a different story to all of them! Another guy got so drunk beforehand that he just slurred and laughed his way through all of the sittings.

I'll probably do it again though, it was a good experience. Now we'll see if I get any real dates out of it.

Very cool Forge! :D I was interested in hearing how it went..

The "notes" thing is a bit strange..who can't make conversation for 6 minutes?! :) So, of the 12 that you weren't interested in..what was the most common reason? Not attractive physically? Or they came across poorly... was it a different reason for each person?

And, how do you now contact the ones that you like? Do they give you their number, or email or what?

I would feel so badly.. only allowing someone 6 minutes with me :p

JOKEEE

Seashell said:
Very cool Forge! :D I was interested in hearing how it went..

The "notes" thing is a bit strange..who can't make conversation for 6 minutes?! :) So, of the 12 that you weren't interested in..what was the most common reason? Not attractive physically? Or they came across poorly... was it a different reason for each person?

And, how do you now contact the ones that you like? Do they give you their number, or email or what?

Why wasn't I interested in the 12? Pretty much everything you said; most were at least slightly overweight, didn't do anything physically active for fun nor cared to, had trouble talking about themselves, etc. I like a woman with self esteem, and alot of these girls didn't seem too confident in themselves or their lives. I'm not saying they weren't nice people, I just didn't "feel" anything.

I'm supposed to get an email about any matches I have, then I'll be able to call or email them back. Honestly I really don't care, I did it more for the experience of it than anything else.

But out of the 4 I liked, there was one that I really liked. I talked to her before it started and during the break, unfortunately she bolted afterwards before I had the chance to talk to her some more. She just seemd very friendly and warm in a sweet kind of way, not bad looking either. We had a good raport going too. She also at least exercised. :D

Ffactor said:
Were they mixing the races?

Not sure. Everyone there was white, don't know if that was by design or not.

Thanks for reporting back on this.

That is an older age group indeed.....is age specified when choosing these? (do they have ones just for younger persons too?)

Top Bottom