Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My first meet results...

Becoming

Meat Sandwich
Platinum
Well, at least I broke my cherry... LOL

I went totally raw on the SQ and DL, and single ply shirted (fury) on the BP...
This meet was drug tested... (I am a lifetime natty)

Weighed in at 262 that morning :worried: I think the scale was a few pounds heavy...

Going in I did not really care about the squat (and it showed), I was totally concentrating on the bench (and it backfired) and I was just hoping to pull my potential (and I think I left some on the table)... But, I won my division (275 novice-uncontested, lol) and got a little trophy out of it... (see avataard)

SQ1 - 424 (192.5) - This was a joke (I wanted to do something ridiculously light so that I made sure I did not bomb out before the bench, this was ridiculous for me all right)
SQ2 - 518 (235) - Easy
SQ3 - 573 (260) - Went down and didn't come up...

Squat went okay, hit the first 2 easy, but crapped out on the third...(2/3) I wasn't really motivated to squat (wanted to get to bench) and I let myself down. I didn't try and left off 50lbs I could have added to my total. I should have took smaller jumps and went a heavier opener 500 (Took the 425 so that I would be in the meet with no pressure for first meet), then say 535/573 and took it more seriously for the sake of the total. All these weight were well within my ability (should have gotten 573 fairly easy) Overall though I didn't give a crap about the squat and it showed... :( One of the dudes I know said "Dude I have not seen anyone take LESS preparation for a lift in my life- You just trot up there, throw it on your back and hit the single... At least make it look like you have to try!)

BP1 - 474 (215) - Easy - AZ State Record for 275 Novice
BP2 - 524 (237.5) - Miss
BP3 - 524 (237.5) - Miss (546 was my planned 3rd, but did not attempt)

In Bench I pounded the opener (475) though my butt might have came up a bit, it was still in contact and I got 3 whites - easy to touch and blasted it on the way up... Next two attempts tho I missed 524 twice in a row... Touching was fast and easy, but the platform was all covered in chalk and dust and had no grip... I kept losing my grip with my feet flat (this fed you must have your whole foot FLAT on the ground) and as I pushed up I was slipping out the bottom, and I couldn't lock either of them (couldn't get anything to push with) I have hit 524 and 545 every time EASY in practice.... Also I think I again I made too big of a jump and should have opened 500, or went 475/500/525 and used a fourth for a shot at 551 (would have been AM record for the 275 NOV division)

But it was a learning experience... Next time I will crush that and a whole lot more...

DL 1 - 452 (205) Easy
DL 2 - 491 (222.5) Easy
DL 3 - 518 (235) Not bad at all...

I was happy and suprised with the dead cause I went 3/3 but I think I had a bit more... I thought I would be tired, but I think I could have gotten at least 529 and I think I would have had a good shot at 540... Funny the last attempt I had the weight up fast and I am sitting there holding it and waiting for the down signal, but it did not come.... apparently I did not have my knees locked (WTF?), luckily someone said something, I locked the knees (took no effort at all) and got the signal after holding the bar at the top for like 6-7 seconds...

Total - 1510.15 (685)

I know I could improve my total by a lot next time... Heck if I don't totaly at least 1700 next time I will be pissed as hell. Funny I was never really motivated by total before, but after the meet all of a sudden I am jonesing about it....

All and all a great experience, I met a lot of cool dudes there, and it was fun as heck...

PICS - see avarlard... Also there is one in my gallery of me standing next to a dude who weighed in the exact same as me (we both weigh 262 but I am just a hair under 6'2 and he is like 6'5 easy) Unfortunately this is the only pic of me that is available as to date... as more come available I will post em up.... (sorry the photog cutt off the legs)

Funny all day dudes were telling me "You don't look 262"... I guess maybe cause I have some balance? One dude is like "your muscle must be dense as hell" LOL funny stuff...

Hey, congratulations- you deserve it. You did really well and as you said, its a learning experience. Your jumps seem kinda big, but plenty of people feel that your third attempt should be something you aren't sure if you can get- you did awesome on deads and you learned stuff- thats what your first meet is for.
good job.

w8lifterchick said:
Hey, congratulations- you deserve it. You did really well and as you said, its a learning experience. Your jumps seem kinda big, but plenty of people feel that your third attempt should be something you aren't sure if you can get- you did awesome on deads and you learned stuff- thats what your first meet is for.
good job.

the only problem is my thirds were all stuff I knew I could get and I big time under performed.... oh well, there is always next time...!

nice work bro!!! i kinda like the good n plenty pic in ur gallery wish it were bigger..lol..thats a pretty sick bench i MAY be able to compete with ya in DL and squat but my bench dont even come close lol..Its all about learning, youll be smarter and your next meet an will noly improve..

Good Lord man you are super strong. You look like you could fill out real nice too, would have guessed you were a 198 from your picture. Way to go.

wnt2bBeast said:
i kinda like the good n plenty pic in ur gallery wish it were bigger.
I like that one too bro - look for more to come... :)
Thx for the props - I will crush that total next time

donsj said:
You look like you could fill out real nice too, would have guessed you were a 198 from your picture. Way to go.
Thanks bro - I got some extra space on this frame - but yeah I hide my weight well, lol I will attribute it to balance! lol

Congrats bro on your first meet! With those numbers I would call you a novice though :)

And yeah, it seems the scales were a bit heavy by about 50 lbs or so lol

lavi said:
Congrats bro on your first meet! With those numbers I would call you a novice though :)

And yeah, it seems the scales were a bit heavy by about 50 lbs or so lol
Yeah dude that is why I entered novice, lol... I was unequipped too... (and nervous as hell to boot) I predict a big jump for next time...

I don't look that small in person, I might look like 240 tho, not 260... I am trying to get some more pics done...

Thnx BBU, hell yeah, I'll take it... lol

Top Bottom