Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My 5x5 SF Journal

Yep :)

Keep in mind that OHP (military) and bench are cousins. One helps the other. So you're already doing assistance work for your bench, in a manner of speaking.

You didn't set up the program properly, instead of reaching your current maxes in week 4 (next week), you met them last week (week 2) and now you're wondering why you failed yesterday...?

Reset your bench so you will reach 185 x 5 in 4 weeks from now, use madcows spreadsheet and follow it. In 4 weeks that 190 x 5 should be a new PR for you.

Just give it a try, if you don't make progress it's only 4 weeks. If you do it will all be worth it.

Wednesday Week 3

Squat

Military
130 PR

Deadlift
160 PR

Overhand PullUps x BW x 5 x 4 x 3 x 3 (All pretty much done to failure. Is this OK?).

Everything felt good today. 2 PRs. I was confident about the Deadlifts and kind of nervous about the Militarys. The 1st PR set of Military felt heavy. I pushed it over my head and held it there a moment (and almost lost my balance), but then was able to bang out 4 more (so was pretty happy about that). A plate on each side next week will be a major accomplishment. The deadlifts feel good now. Each rep was deadlifted on the floor and I finally feel totally comfortable with the movement. I also understand why those monday hypers are so important.

Thanks for all the comments and I'll take them to heart. I probably screwed up in 2 ways regarding this program. I didn't ramp up for 4 weeks. And wasn't completely comfortable with rows and deads (having just started them about 2 months prior). If I miss my bench PR on Monday I'm thinking I'll defenitely set it all back and start over.

Top Bottom