Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mr. X and any other diet experts, i need help!

WarriorPL

High End Bro
Platinum
Okay well i had enough, ive decided to start a diet, or some type of cycle...
I am 16 y/o 158 and 5'7"

What i need help is figuring out how much fats/protein/carbs/calories i should be having a day? What type of foods should i be avoiding, what should i eat??
My goal is to lose as much body fat as possible and as little muscle mass as possible, but i do not want to go on a keto diet.
I did a stupid thing this past month and like starved myself, BAD IDEA. i didn't lose any muscle mass but i surely lost strength, all i managed to do is lose about 10 pounds.

I work out every monday, wednesday, friday, 30-40 minutes of cardio on tuesday, thursday, and sunday.

I have lots of dedication, and i don't care how long it takes. Please help, either respond here or email me.

-Thank you for your time.

~WizKid :kaioken:

BTW, i do not mind losing muscle mass if thats what it takes, i just don't want much loss in strength.

~WizKid :kaioken:

At 16 years old, 5'7", 158lbs, I wouldn't advise a keto diet. You need a well balanced diet. I think that you would be better off increasing your cardio to lose the fat. These numbers might be off a little, but something like this might work.
Try to divide these up over 5 meals a day with the majority of the carbs in the morning and after your workout.
250g protein = 1000 calories
350g carbs = 1400 calories
20g fat = 180 calories

2580 calories/day

Warning, wait and get some other opinions though. This is just an idea. I would definitely keep the protein high, carbs moderate-high, and fats low.

Dear LSUMuscle,

At 158lbs...your daily BMR is around (158 x 12) 2100 cal. I would recommend 50/20/30 (protein/carbs/fat) ratios for fat-loss.
Breakdown of ratios:
2100 cal --BMR
1050 cal from protein = 260 g protein a day
420 cal from carbs = 105 carbs a day
630 cal from fat = 70 g fat a day

I would not recommend going lower then BMR-5%, in fact, at your age, BMR calories are a suffiecient number.

Mr.X :cool:

Mr. X, I realized that my post was kinda inaccurate. My brain isn't functioning well. This diet is kicking my ass. I just did that off the top of my head. I still think though, that he should watch his fat a little more. I mean at his age, it will be much easier to cut out fats than carbs. But, you can correct me again, I don't mind.

LSUMuscle,

I do agree that too much fat is not a vise idea. But, with the diet I set up, he will be getting a mere 70g fat a day, which is not considered a high amount. In fact, your body needs EFA's for proper bodily functions. Especially at a young age, people tend to eat too many saturated fats and not enough EFA, this leads to insulin-insensitivity and, as a result, bring about diabetes. (later in life of course)

When I say 70g fat: it should all come from EFA's.

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom