Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

most important lifts for bench presses...

This is just my way but when i bench or do Boards, i use my comp grip more then any. I mean its the one i use, my tris can push more in this posititon. I truly dont give a rats ass if my close grip, hands just on the rough goes up 45 lbs i want my grip my way to go up 45 lbs. With my grip i over load my tris more then when really close. My comp grip is middle finger on the power ring, and the closest i go is usually 1 finger inside the power ring. No way do i go closer. Except on JM presses. Floors, boards, i warm up 1 finger inside rings and do my heavy set comp grip. Just my way. Probably not the best, but i couldnt do close for awhile from an injury and now i like it this way. I do...

Mon . flat bench up to a double or pr a triple ., then do elbow out ext, or Jm presses, then do push downs then shoulders.
Tues back
wed off

thurs board presses 1 week bands suspended, next week bands choked down, next week no bands all up to a single, then i do over head ext or Jm or elbow outs (which ever i didnt do on mon) , then pushdowns.

fri squats

Powerlifterjay- I am curios what type of board press you like most. I have a 2-board at my house that is all I've used. I feel like I remmeber you using a 4 board. I do not have a bench shirt, but most likely will get a poly for my a bench/dead meet in the summertime.

I am a weak bencher if it matters.

All the boards work. I just use a 4 brd (fixing to use a 5 brd) because of the tightness of my shirt. But i would throw them all in my workouts. My partner who is 181lbs can bench 500 and he uses 2 brd then 3 then 4 for his max out. The others are done to a hard triple. Or you could go up each week , whatever works for ya. And to find that out takes research on your part. But keep in mind all will help you in your quest to bench big!

My bench is my weakest link...but i have found where the weakness/s are.

so here we go:
dumbell extensions off the floor
bent over rows.
bradford press
external rotations
ultra wide illegals

speedwork has helped me a lot

Yeah thanks goldenone.

That exercise kills me...in a good way. The strength of my whole sholder girdle is blowing up.

I like the minimal tricep inclusion in the exercise....so its a real good sholder exercise

Top Bottom