Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mike Mentzer Hit

boxeo

I just finished reading Mike Mentzers last book. His training philosophy was new to me. He made excellent arguements for his case, through science and practical expierience.
I was wondering if any of you that are familiar with this methodology are willing to comment on it?

did the routine last summer...got stronger but also lost weight without even trying...got more cut...probably because of the additional time under tension the slow reps place on the muscle.....
I am now doing the DC training and like it even better...check the sticky at the top of the page

Deep,
Thanks alot. I am so hesitant to try such a low volume of training. Im sure you know what I mean. I am used to feeling like a maggot if I didnt spend half a day in the gym destroying myself.

I trained at USOTC in San DIego two years ago and we only lifted three times a week doing only deadlift, bench and power cleans, Super low reps with PERFECT form. I felt like I wasnt even working out but I got stronger than ever before. WIthought drugs that is.

Trust me you're making the smartest decision for your training career that you'll ever make. Low volume is the way to go. DC seems to be even more effective than generic HIT due to the frequency. But choose even HIT and you'll be light years ahead of most people anyway.

Try it, don't butcher it, or add more stuff. Follow it EXACTLY, and you will see great results. I follow that when I am off, when on I train how Mentzer did when he was doing shows. It's very similiar to what Realgains posted on proper training on the Women's board.

Speaking of Realgains, he helps so many people. He helped me many times. He should be a mod.

I'm gonna say it outright: there's not enough frequency. Hitting muscles once a week is great for maintenance. But if you want to build you're going to need to keep your muscles in a state of growth for longer.

I've done an HIT-esque routine and my gains were glacially slow. When I upped the frequency my gains took off.

-casualbb

casualbb said:
I'm gonna say it outright: there's not enough frequency. Hitting muscles once a week is great for maintenance. But if you want to build you're going to need to keep your muscles in a state of growth for longer.

I've done an HIT-esque routine and my gains were glacially slow. When I upped the frequency my gains took off.

-casualbb
Yeah, I think that is why I like DC better...more frequancy...also, if you checkout www.hardgainier.com some of there guys have noticesd the same ...you will gain in strength , but to get size you need more frequancy.,

Mike Mentzer's low volume approach builds a rather blocky physique, somewhat similar to a powerlifter IMO. In Mentzer's last H.I.T. book published this year, many of his own photos reflect this.

- Mike

Menzer hit theory is pretty good, I find it a good program to get back in the swing of things since it emphasizes form and time under load. But the more progress I achieve overall I need to change my frequency up more and train for sport specific. I would rate it one of the better methodologies out there though for beginners and intermediate lifters

Top Bottom