Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Medial Head Deltoid Muscle..

Emphasizing the middle deltoids:

shoulder press
I wouldn't recommend doing these behind the neck as this puts a great deal of unnecessary strain on the shoulder girdle. Tends to work more of the front delts, and the middle delts some. Rear delt work must not be neglected! Obvious variations of this exercise are using barbells or dumbbells.

Using dumbbells uses more supportive muscle and is a great exercise to use every once in a while for the same reasons that doing dumbbell benching is so good. Be careful to not let your arm wander to far back, as this is probably where most shoulder dislocations occur!

upright rows
Grab a barbell more than shoulder width apart, and raise the bar until your upper arm is parallel with the floor. This is usually done with a narrow grip, which can put strain on the wrists, and also calls into play triceps and traps. This exercise targets mostly just the middle deltoid head.

lateral raises

Usually performed standing, knees slightly bent, slightly leaning forward ( to target the rear delts more ), elbows slightly bent. Raise the weight as fast as you can, and lower slowly and under control

Emphasizing the middle deltoids:

shoulder press
I wouldn't recommend doing these behind the neck as this puts a great deal of unnecessary strain on the shoulder girdle. Tends to work more of the front delts, and the middle delts some. Rear delt work must not be neglected! Obvious variations of this exercise are using barbells or dumbbells.

Using dumbbells uses more supportive muscle and is a great exercise to use every once in a while for the same reasons that doing dumbbell benching is so good. Be careful to not let your arm wander to far back, as this is probably where most shoulder dislocations occur!

upright rows
Grab a barbell more than shoulder width apart, and raise the bar until your upper arm is parallel with the floor. This is usually done with a narrow grip, which can put strain on the wrists, and also calls into play triceps and traps. This exercise targets mostly just the middle deltoid head.

lateral raises

Usually performed standing, knees slightly bent, slightly leaning forward ( to target the rear delts more ), elbows slightly bent. Raise the weight as fast as you can, and lower slowly and under control

I do upright rows with a narrow grip on back day to stress my traps. A buddy at the gym
told me to do them with a wide grip (about shoulder width apart) to stress the delts.
Anyone with info on this?

Try doing Arnold presses. Start with the dumbells in your hand w/ palms facing you and as you press up rotate your hands so by the time you lockout your palms are facing away from you. Works all three heads and gives a great burn. Also try supersetting side laterals with upright rows. Hope this helps.

There is an anteroir head, a lateral head, and a posterior head to the deltoid.

I've never heard of a "medial head"?

Do you mean the lateral portion maybe?

Medial means toward the center- its the opposite o f lateral head. I'm not aware of any such muscle. Do you mean FRONT delts?

medial doesnt exist. anterior,lateral, posterior.

medial is used to describe a portion of the triceps though. :)

Top Bottom