Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Measuring Testosterone in IU in order to use insulin syringes (with big needles)

simonn

Hey guys I need some help from experienced pinners who know their way around the different units there are.

Unfortunately I messed up preparing my Test E cycle along with HCG (and Adex). I read that HCG is best injected with insulin syringes. As the place where I bought the syringes has the ones where you can tighten any kind of needle size onto it I thought why not use these insulin syringes for the test injections as well? Researching online the only apparent problem I found was that the needle size of insulin syringes is usually too small for the oil. Therefore I bought 18G needles to pull the test out of the vial and 23Gx1.25" needles to inject it IM into the glute. (Since the syringes come in a 200 package I thought that way I could save some money and don't waste syringes.)

Since I want to start the cycle in August I know had a closer look at the syringes and realised that of course they're measured in IU's which works for HCG but not really for test E. So I tried to find a solution to this problem but ended up being confused about the different units, so here are my considerations:

The vial of testosterone contains 300mg/ml test E. Since I plan to inject 250mg twice a week this results in 0.83ml per session.
1ml insulin = 100IU
And since
1ml insulin-solution = 1ml test-solution
I'd be injecting 83IU test-solution correct??
Or am I totally wrong because oil and water have different densities etc. and you can't calculate it like that?
Another point is that the syringe says U-40 insulin so how do I implement that into the equation since it's different from U-100??
I'm so confused right now please help me if anyone experienced it or knows his way around. I know I might sound stupid but I want to make sure I'm not injecting wrong dosages so please don't blame me.
Thanks in advance!

First, just to be clear - Injecting oil based substances sub-q is NOT a good idea. Stick to intra muscular injections. You can very easily get an abscess but injecting oils sub-q.

You are correct. 83 IU = 0.83mL. An Iu is basically just 0.01mL.

Oil and water have different densities - yes but don't confuse volume and density. The viscosity of the liquid has nothing to do with the volume.

Here is a good example. 1 cup of water and 1 cup of apple sauce have different viscosities but 1 cup is still 1 cup.

Thanks muskate for your reply and yes since the needle is 1.25" I am injecting intramuscular. Yes that's it I confused measurements for volume and quantity. And are 10 IU on a U-40 Insulin syringe the same as 10IU on a U-100 Insulin syringe?

Thanks muskate for your reply and yes since the needle is 1.25" I am injecting intramuscular. Yes that's it I confused measurements for volume and quantity. And are 10 IU on a U-40 Insulin syringe the same as 10IU on a U-100 Insulin syringe?

Edit: 10 IU on a U-40 Insulin syringe is not the same as 10IU on a U-100 Insulin syringe because it is a 1ml syringe with the marks going only up to 40 IU, ergo 40IU=1ml therefore I'd be injecting 83% of 40IU --> 33IU Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm most probably going to get something like 3cc syringes for the test but it made me wondering and it'll help me with the HCG injections as well.

First, just to be clear - Injecting oil based substances sub-q is NOT a good idea.

Sub-Q can work perfectly fine.

Source:
Pharmacokinetic Profile of Subcutaneous Testosterone Enanthate Delivered via a Novel , Prefilled Single-Use Autoinjector: A Phase II Study

Edit: 10 IU on a U-40 Insulin syringe is not the same as 10IU on a U-100 Insulin syringe because it is a 1ml syringe with the marks going only up to 40 IU, ergo 40IU=1ml therefore I'd be injecting 83% of 40IU --> 33IU Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm most probably going to get something like 3cc syringes for the test but it made me wondering and it'll help me with the HCG injections as well.

Get 26 or 27 gauge needles with a 1ml syringe. They wont be marked with international units and it will be a lot easier.

Using a narrow 1ml syringe over a 3ml syringe allows the viscous oil to flow easier.

Sub-Q can work perfectly fine.

Source:
Pharmacokinetic Profile of Subcutaneous Testosterone Enanthate Delivered via a Novel , Prefilled Single-Use Autoinjector: A Phase II Study

if you are doing small amounts of oil based yes. but if you are loading up syringes and doing frequent injections you should do IM. I don't care what your pharma based study says, I have actual real experience. I'm not some nerd sitting in a lab injecting rats all day who has never lifted. you can choose who you want to listen to but actual real world experience trumps everything. it would be like a virgin reading books on how to eat pussy. its takes actual practice to get good at it

Top Bottom