Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Meals you make in bulk

Sol Rosenberg

Diet has always been my downfall mostly because I don't plan ahead. I have been doing really well recently, but it is becoming a pain in the ass to prepare meals. I need to start cooking things that I can eat several times. My wife will help, I just need suggestions. My first meal is a protein shake with 2/3 cup oats and a banana, my lunch is tuna or turkey, and my last meal is 4-5 poached eggs before bed. Those are easy and pretty much set. It's my dinners I am having problems with. I need to cook things that last several days and could possibly freeze too. I want something that I can just take out and microwave and be done with it.

BTW, I am cutting/trimming down, not adding.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Hey Sol.

Get some tupperware that you can both freeze and microwave in. Twice a week I take chicken breasts, Ground turkey, ground beef @ 10% fat, and prepare approx 10oz each by cooking on tabletop grill. I vary the seasoning.

Right before I leave the house I take a big heaping handful of baby spinach and toss into ziplocks. I then add either 1Tsp of olive or flaxseed oil and a Tsp of balsamic vinegar and put this mix in a pillbag.

Since I cook brown rice in bulk, I put 3/4 cup in the tupperware with the meat. I usually eat this setup cold. It stacks nice in the fridge and is easy to drop into a backpack for the day. Saves a ton of money too.

I cook with all kinds of seasonings but never add salt. I sometimes swap the spinach for raw brocolli and the rice with a cooked sweet potato.

Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's and bought a couple bags of their stir fry mix and cooked 3 chicken breasts. That was last nights and tonight's dinner. It was really good. Probably too high in sodium though. It said no preservatives added, but seemed high in sodium. More suggestions are appreciated.

You know, I keep these in the fridge really but there is no reason why you couldn't freeze for a few days. Just pull out the night before or in the AM and leave on counter. I just don't like to reheat chow. I am like you though, there are a few meals times that are inconvenient so this setup helps a bit.

Top Bottom