Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Max question

This always works well for me:

135x20
225x10
275x8
315x1
335x1
350-360x1
then onto max (370)

Hope that helps. Some people do well with more or less warming up. So it definately takes some experimentation to get it just right.

WalkingBeast said:
Some people do well with more or less warming up. So it definately takes some experimentation to get it just right.

^ ^ ^

i hit my (current) bench max during a normal chest day, and my old routine i used to destroy my chest, and it responded well. i tried to hit a new max on flat bench on a non-chest day, figured i'd be "fresh." streched real good, did some warm up, and FAILED.

so yeah, as beast said, experiment.

WalkingBeast said:
135x20
225x10
275x8
315x1
335x1
350-360x1
then onto max (370)

I have to question this WB.

I think that 135x20 seems a bit much.. is it that much more beneficial than a set of 8? Also the reps at 335 and 350-60 seem unnecessary.. you KNOW you can move the weight.. why risk tiring yourself out for a heavier attempt?

I'd lower the weights on the 135 set and stop after 315.. but that is just me.

Just trying to help man :)

crak600 said:

^ ^ ^

i hit my (current) bench max during a normal chest day, and my old routine i used to destroy my chest, and it responded well. i tried to hit a new max on flat bench on a non-chest day, figured i'd be "fresh." streched real good, did some warm up, and FAILED.

so yeah, as beast said, experiment.

yeah i've also found that the numbness i experience after a chest trashing day to be beneficial to my doing 1rms.

it's like, a completely different feeling, can't "feel" the weight, it just kinda pops off.

Cuthbert said:

I have to question this WB.

I think that 135x20 seems a bit much.. is it that much more beneficial than a set of 8? Also the reps at 335 and 350-60 seem unnecessary.. you KNOW you can move the weight.. why risk tiring yourself out for a heavier attempt?

I'd lower the weights on the 135 set and stop after 315.. but that is just me.

Just trying to help man :)

ThanX brother! Most people say the same thing, when seeing my routine. The crazy thing about my muscle is, I can do 11 sets of flat bench (8 of them to complete failure) then rep out with 225 for 20 reps at the end. It really seems to take alot to warm up my chest and shoulders. If I only do 135 a few times and then onto 225 my joints still feel sore and cold. Ive tried other methods of warming up and ended up having really shitty workouts. I used to warm-up to failure on each set also (the other extreme). haha. I dont do that anymore. The reason for 335 and 360 before a max is mainly just to feel the weight. Seems when I dont do that and just jump to a max, I fail. Probabally just a mental thing. Since I attempt my max atleast 3-4 times Id probabally be feeling the weight anyway by that point. Eventually Ill probabally just jump from 315 or 335 straight to a max. When Im maxing again. ThanX again brother!!

Top Bottom