Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mass building workout

drw

I am looking for a good mass building workout for my wife. She has a good base, and good musculature. Very lean, and would like to compete in BB, wants to add good mass to her frame.
She is 5'4, 110#
Can women lift like the men, in that can they effectively use the same compound mass building exercises to build muscle mass?

I want to give her good info.
Thanks.

YESSSS No special workouts for women.....We are actually pretty strong:) No but seriously...you need to train w/ your wife...same workouts, same intensity!!!!

Thanks for the good input. . .
So essentially, a good routine might be
mon. . .back / heavy rowing movements w/ deadlifts
tue. . .heavy squats and presses, straight leg deads
wed. . .day off / R&R
thurs. . .Incline DB, Flat Bench, flies, Incline Bench
fri. . .Bis / tris
Sat. . .Shoulders / pressing movements

sets of 4, reps 8 - 10

This is just a general idea. But along these lines?
I've suggested she drop cardio. At least mostly for now.
reasoning intense lifting will suppliment cardio work load/cal expenditure.
She eats, but do you suggest weight gainer?
She eats 6 clean meals a day.
She prob puts down around 2000cals/d

And as far as intensity, my intensity when I lift is different then that of my wifes.
How do you ladies stay motivated and driven when you lift? What gets you to go heavier?
What do you use as your tool to get you through, and remind you that in the end, it'll pay off and you'll be huge / sexy / whatever?

I love my wife, and I love training w/ her, I just don't know how to keep her motivated. I think guys and gals have different motivations in that respect, or maybe they are just driven differently.

Any thoughts / experiences you'de like to share?

i'm 5'5" and 112 lbs... so i'm small too... hence the name

anyway, i like to push myself to see how heavy i can lift. i do pyramids too... eat as much protein as i can.

that workout looks basically like the one i'm trying to work with...

i like the look of my muscles all swollen... i aim to have arms that big and when they get that big i just aim higher. i'm trying to see what i've got to work with... it's all a nice challenge.

I work out with my husband--- he is 6'2 and 250 pounds. I am 5'9 152 pounds. He pushes my butt.....and what keeps me motivated with him? Is he makes some god awful looks while lifting, and I just try to make some uglier ones , so gotta lift hard to do that :D Truly though, its a good thing when you got a good workout partner, thats dependable....and I just dont trust anyone to spot me. I want to make sure that 55 pound dumbell isnt coming down on my face :)

drw said:
[B...I love my wife, and I love training w/ her, I just don't know how to keep her motivated. I think guys and gals have different motivations in that respect, or maybe they are just driven differently.

Any thoughts / experiences you'de like to share? [/B]

Ultimately your wife's motivation must come from within. You can help by complimenting her on her progress, encouraging her to test her limits, etc.

Keeping a training log really motivates me. I enjoy planning out my workout, setting goals for weights/reps/sets, and then trying to beat them. I like looking at pictures of great physiques. I'll even admit my dirty little secret...the mirror is a great motivator. I just can't help myself, and I try not to be too obvious, but I LOVE seeing my muscles work in the mirror. (I'm shameless, I know! :D)

Great responses

Bumping this for responses!
:D
Keep the good responses comming. I know there are others on this board. . .please help.
what motivates you?
Anyone?
I stay motivated by knowing when I am not giving it everything I've got, there is someone else that is, and when I meet that person, they will beat me.
Goes for the lift, the diet, the pose, whatever.

what motivates me? well...

i am very competitive and I like to compete with others in the gym (guys usually..excpet for this one hige ass girl :mad: ) but they don't know it. I just always make myself believe that I am competing with whoever is around me. It's just a mental thing.

PIRCTURES also motivate me..i've got one now of Monica Brant on my desktop...grrrrrr

Intensity...sometimes my husband realizes I don;t have my usual hard core intensity at the gym and the way he gets me is by making me mad...he calls me little one or something or makes a face at theweight i'm using. pick on her, it sounds cruel, but it works. but first you must agree to this before you workout or arguments will occur (experience i know)

Does she want a piece of me? huh? j/k get her on here and we'll get her pumped!!!!

:D

As for the diet..i'm struggling in that area too. It's damn hard, but I am sooooo ready. It's fuel baby, just fuel. As pooh said to me, think of it as premium petrol instead of reaular unleaded. Feed that machine baby! ANyhoo, I posted a thread called Clean Diet - week 1 and I plan to keep it updated. It's the only way I can be accountable for what I put in my mouth...

cheers

Top Bottom