Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Marijuana and The Drug War(Havoc Opens Your Eyes)

havoc

Shaolin Ninja
It's a statistical fact that drunk drivers in Texas, in one year, have caused more monetary damage and loss of life than all marijuana smokers in the U.S.(and the world) in this past century. Marijuana, a plant with definite medicinal and commercial attributes, is considered one of the top enemies of the American public. Why this is so remains a mystery, yet millions of families have had their very foundations ripped apart by this targeting from our judicial and law enforcement system. It's ironic to hear commentators on the media remark on the human injustices perpetuated in Afghanistan, while easily a million Americans and more have spent time behind bars in the U.S. for possessing a naturaly grown product that has no empirical evidence of being dangerous or addictive.

The War on Drugs is really a War on the denizens of the United States. Vast sums of tax money, resources, and American citizens have been sacrificed, with no signs of "victory" in sight. Clearly this route is a failure, so why is it still pursued? One reason is that it's a lucrative war, and by waging it, the US provides a living for federal agencies such as the DEA. On the local and state level, law enforcement have an incentive to pursue drug distributors, because these distributors forfeit all property and assets, which is aborbed into the agency's coffer that made the bust. Another reason is the ingrained public opinion that any cessation on this war, or reassigning of targets is morally and socially wrong. To many people, there is no difference between crack cocaine and marijuana. Politicians on every level are too worried about their own political agendas to risk losing constituents over this highly divisive issue.

Even though it's a matter of public record that President Clinton has experimented with marijuana, and that President Bush has used cocaine recreationaly, our public figures refuse to deal with a issue that is sending thousands of innocent people to prison every year. Two voices with political power are bucking this trend, and their identity might come as a surprise to those who didn't know about their stance on legalizing marijuana and drugs in general.

Gary Johnson:

Gary Johnson is the Governor of New Mexico. A member of the Republican party, he is the highest goverment official to publicly suggest drug legalization. Governor Johnson does not use drugs, and is not advocating drug use or endorsing it. He does, however, acknowledge that the war on drugs is a failure. This position has garnered him alot of negative feelings in his own party. Republicans have historicaly been the hardest pushers for arbitrary imprisonment of drug users and sellers, and have also been the biggest advocates in budgeting huge sums of tax payer money for a war on drugs that has been lost on every conceivable level. Governor Johnson has not backed down to his party, and is very vocal about his feelings on this matter. His stance has garnered him animosity from two sitting Drug Czars(Mcaffery and Hutchinson), both of whom he has debated and challenged for their justifications in pursuing this draconian policy. A Governor, and a Republican, Johnson brings credibility from two sources that have been adamantly united in their war against drugs.

Just thought I would shed some light. peace

Hemp was initially made illegal based on the money and pressure from the Cotton industry. Tis true.

What they should do is what they are trying to do up here in Canada. Instead of making it full blown legal, first just de-criminalize it, and then make the step to legalization. This would save a ton of Police time and $$$ and they could concentrate on BIGGER issues. It bugs me when I hear of the "BIG" bust they make and all they get is Hash and Pot. Let that stuff go and concentrate on the bigger fish.

The US imprisons more individuals than both Russia and China combined.

the largest growing part of the Prison population statistically speaking, relative to 10-15 years ago is the female one.

in California alone 20 new prisons have been built, and only 1 University.

Some of the most profitable companies on the stock market are new prison companies who make a double profit.

1 through the allocation of tax payer money to run there facilities, and
2 through the contracting of there respective prison popluations to private industry for cheap labor and often for cents on the dollar.

the us taxpayer subsidizes and is out competed in the labor market by the population they support financially.

who profits? industry leaders in the apparal industry, Guard Unions, and heads of the prisons, and there stock holders.

soem of the primary supporters of the 3 strikes your out laws a have been the above group

DOES ANY ONE HERE GiVE A RATS ASS?????????

I do not know, but some times you just got to know these things if you care about living in a "democracy" right?

another interesting legal dynamic is that because these prisons are privatized there could be signifigant leway by these corporations on furthering the potential abuse on the prison population , I would not care if the inmates were clearly guilty, but some as we now do not deserve to be there.

another intersting fact on the prison set up, and how it is constructed.

many are under ground, with no windows, and no sunlight......(real sunlight that is) ever makes its way to an individual in the depths of the prison.

and the new popular contruction of these prisons is domething called the "panopticon" essential all prison cells can be surveyed 24/7 by guards from a central towere inside a cylinder of prison cells............the cells have no bars but rather transparect glass or plastic that is illuminated by flourecent light 24/7.

the idea is that prisoners will get so used to being watched by the guards, that they will feel perpetually policed, and watched, so when even there are no guards in the towere, the prsoners will be in essence self policing, and they will police themselves as if a guard was watching them..

.....so in effect psychologically speaking a fictional guard has been psychologically imprinted in there heads.

oh how far we have come eh?

the pinnacle of civilization:(
right?

Last edited:
WODIN said:
Hemp was initially made illegal based on the money and pressure from the Cotton industry. Tis true.

not to flame, but i thought it was from pressue from the paper industry....? they (Dupont and William Randolph Hearst) ran the US back in the day.

Last edited:
Bodhidogma said:

not to flame, but i thought it was from pressue from the paper industry....? they ran the US back in the day.

Your probably right. I was just recalling a bit of a TLC show I saw on the whole hemp issue once.

bongsmi.gif

Fuck the "war on drugs"

Prisons are big buisness now...can you say legal slave labor? The drug war is big buisness as well...it's all a wretched scam perpetrated on us by people interested in everything BUT the welfare of the majority, phama companies, cotton growers, christian right-wing fundamentalist cocksuckers, and more...the two greatest injustices are served on those who us AAS and those who use marijuana...I could go on and on about this but it's just so frustrating.

weed definetly needs to be legalized. Alcohol is so much worse and its legal i dont fucking get it. No one ever said " i raped, killed, crashed into, blah blah and so on, because i was high" but how many times have u heard "because i was drunk"? A SHIT LOAD. FUcking bs...Whatever i dont let the government tell me what to do anyway.

Top Bottom